Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia taking too much space

Default Cydia taking too much space
    I have a 8gb ipod touch 3g. I installed Cydia using Green Poison and it is taken 6.5gb of my useable 6.8gb's of storage. I do not have anything else installed on my ipod as I removed all my music and apps when I restored it. How do I free up some space and use the min space to use Cydia so I can add my music back?

1: it should not take that much space
    2: what firmware?
    3: I'm pretty sure 3rd gen only comes in 32 and 64gb

Sorry my mistake just went into the general settings and I have 6.5gb available out of 6.8gb. My firmware is at 4.2.1 and it is a 8gb ipod. I guess my question is do I need all of the packages that downloaded in Cydia? Also does Cydia always need to update the database whenever I go into it? Under my sources I have 5 showing Bigboss,Modmyi,repo666.ultrasnow,telesphoreo and ZodTTD do I require all of these? It appears as though when I try to remove these they are for iphone but mine is a ipod not a phone so not sure what I need and what I don't need. Just want some basic apps and wallpaper and the rest as my music.
    Last edited by Jostudly; 03-08-2011 at 04:28 PM.

Mod edit: Didn't i just warn you?
    Last edited by Broomhead; 03-08-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Could someone answer my questions?

I guess my question is do I need all of the packages that downloaded in Cydia? Also does Cydia always need to update the database whenever I go into it? Under my sources I have 5 showing Bigboss,Modmyi,repo666.ultrasnow,telesphoreo and ZodTTD do I require all of these? It appears as though when I try to remove these they are for iphone but mine is a ipod not a phone so not sure what I need and what I don't need. Just want some basic apps and wallpaper and the rest as my music