Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Double clicking Wake/Sleep to turn On/Off???

Default Double clicking Wake/Sleep to turn On/Off???
    I dont know how i got to this setup but i'm stuck with double clicking Wake/Sleep on my iPod touch 3G 32Gig instead of the usual single click... and its really getting annoying.

Anyone please help.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

Check and see if you have activator installed this could do this. If you do, dont remove it just go to settings and change the function of double tapping the sleep button to none.
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here

Default no luck :(
    Activator is installed but double press isnt associated to anything in all different locations (Anytime, At home scr, In app and Lock scr)

I keep going thru all my settings but still cant find any other setup assigning double press to Sleep/Wake button...

Thanks

Hmm try reinstalling activator may be a glitch, the only programs that use that feature that I can think of use activator.

Default Interesting... but not good i guess
    After uninstalling Activator and ProSwitcher the Wake/Sleep button stopped responding...

Resinstalled both and still at the same problem... by double clicking on the button I get what I should get when usually single clicking... but nothing happens when I single click.

Thanks

Well you can use quicklock (free on cydia) to lock it and just tap the home button to unlock it

Default ill keep looking for a solution...
    Double clicking still does the trick but its annoying.
    Last edited by nebneb0101; 03-10-2010 at 08:45 PM.

Thanks

Hmmm, another idea put it in safe mode see if it still does it

Default Same thing
    In safe mode it acts the same as when I uninstalled Activator and Proswitcher... Wake/Sleep button only responds to "long hold" for shuting down the iPod. Single click, double click, multiple frustrated clicks do nothing.

Thanks

Than it may be that your sleep button is just starting to wear down and this has nothing to do with software, I would use quick lock for now more conveinent

Default 'Has to be software
    With the number of times I've tried single and double clicking I am certain that its software related as wear wouldn't be selective on the number of clicks... When i click repeatedly it does sleep/wake every two clicks up to a delay of approximatively 1 sec beetween clicks. Slower than that it stops reacting to the double click.

edit:
    Its software. When I connect thru Veency it requires the same double clicking. There has to be someone who knows how to reset it back to single click! Ill keep looking.

edit:
    Well I went with the drastic measure. Full reinstall of my iPod.

It allowed me to test the procedure to reinstall 3.1.2 and see if PkgBackup did its job.

100% for reinstalling 3.1.2 - Went really fast

90% for PkgBkup - Had to resintall manually a couple of packages and tweak tome setups I had made.

By the way, my sleep/wake button is back to normal.
    Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by nebneb0101; 03-11-2010 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Hmm it must have been some weird momentary conflict, and your welcome but if you wanna thank me hit the "thanks" button
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here