Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Apps always timing out

Default Cydia Apps always timing out
    Im not sure if its my internet connection, or maybe something went wrong with the jailbreak, but whenever i try to download some apps it will always time out. I had no problem downloading winterboard and 5icon dock after several tries, but the app i want to download the most is openSSH. does anyone know the problem here? and is there an alternative way to access the ipod without using SSH?
    help is greatly appreciated.
    Jailbreak Nooblette

iPhone? More like MyPhone jbone1337's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vegemite View Post
    Im not sure if its my internet connection, or maybe something went wrong with the jailbreak, but whenever i try to download some apps it will always time out. I had no problem downloading winterboard and 5icon dock after several tries, but the app i want to download the most is openSSH. does anyone know the problem here? and is there an alternative way to access the ipod without using SSH?
    help is greatly appreciated.
    you either need OpenSSH for sshing via wifi or afc2add for ssh via usb or iFile to ssh from your device.(though ifile is much more limited, as you can only edit/delete/move things already in it, you cant add things)

SSHing is the only way to gain access to your root folders and files.

You could maybe try Rock(cydia alternative) , and see if that works for you. If not it might be your connection.
    OpenFient/Any other gametype: JBone1337

actually there are many ways to access the root files. diskaid... and other apps ive forgotten. BUT they dont have the options to set permissions, so thats kinda useless for me.
    sorry if i sound rude, but i know about ssh and how to use it.
    how would i install rock? is there a jailbreak program that supports it?
    Jailbreak Nooblette