+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Which iPod touch do I have??

is a discussion within the

iPod Touch General Chat

forums, a part of the

iPod Touch

section;
I'm trying to find out what generation touch I have. Also it has 3.1.3 should I downgrade to jailbreak or what? Please help I'm lost.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Which iPod touch do I have??
    I'm trying to find out what generation touch I have. Also it has 3.1.3 should I downgrade to jailbreak or what? Please help I'm lost.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Taken directly from:
    Identifying iPod models

iPod touch (Late 2009)

iPod touch (Late 2009) features a 3.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen multi-touch display and 32 GB or 64 GB flash drive. You can browse the web with Safari and watch YouTube videos with Wi-Fi. You can also search, preview, and buy songs from the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store on iPod touch.

The iPod touch (Late 2009) can be distinguished from iPod touch (2nd generation) by looking at the back of the device. All iPod touch models introduced in Late 2009 have two or three lines of text below the capacity engraving. The prior iPod touch (2nd generation) had four lines of text or more.

--

If you have a 2G and want to check what model it is go to Settings>>General>>About and scroll down to see if it says MC under version or whatever the name for the field is.

You can jailbreak the 2G (non MC) 3.1.3 with:
    iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones

If you have the 3G and it's at 3.1.3, at this point in time (Unless you used Cydia and let it grab your 3.1.2 (or lower) SHSH to Saurik's server) you are screwed until a Jailbreak is released for the 3G 3.1.3.
    Last edited by rawr54; 02-11-2010 at 10:57 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

Umm if you can I would downgrade to 3.1.2 and jailbreak with blackra1n: blackweather , I havent heard good things about iH8sn0w........
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here