+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Black screen, can't dfu, can't do anything!!!

is a discussion within the

iPod Touch General Chat

forums, a part of the

iPod Touch

section;
I have a new laptop and installed itunes. I connected my ipod touch to itunes and it asked me if i wanted to update the software, and i said yes.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Black screen, can't dfu, can't do anything!!!
    I have a new laptop and installed itunes. I connected my ipod touch to itunes and it asked me if i wanted to update the software, and i said yes. It nearly got to the end when I got a message saying ipod was not recognized. In the last 8 hours I have tried to dfu it, it has not worked. I have disabled/removed all security software in case it was that, did not help. I have been on devmgmt.msc and got the message 'windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems code 43'. I right clicked on the device (unknown device) and updated driver software, got message 'windows has determined the driver software for this is up to date' I then uninstalled device and restarted the computer, opened itunes and plugged in the ipod. I tried dfu again and got the message that it had detected an ipod in repair mode, so I then clicked restore. It got to nearly the end when i got this message 'the ipod could not be restored. an unknown error occurred (6)'. When i clicked for more info i got this message 'device driver software was not successfully installed. Please consult with your device manufacturer for assistance getting the device installed. Unknown device failed.
    Then i get the message 'USB device not recognized. One of the usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognize it. for assistance click message'. I have tried everything several times now, and tried a different lead and different computer as well.
    IN A NUTSHELL, NOTHING HAS WORKED AND I CANNOT GET ANYTHING TO HAPPEN ON THE IPOD. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ANSWERS PLEASE?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

Plug it into another computer maybe a friends and preferably a mac, if else nothing try to put it into recovery instead of DFU. If you really cant fix it take it to apple and tell your story and they will probably give you a new one
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here