+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod touch white screen after dropped

is a discussion within the

iPod Touch General Chat

forums, a part of the

iPod Touch

section;
Im not sure if this is the place to post this, but I dropped my iPod touch on the floor and screen went white. The iPod looks physically ok (no
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation iPod touch white screen after dropped
    Im not sure if this is the place to post this, but I dropped my iPod touch on the floor and screen went white. The iPod looks physically ok (no LCD damage) after your attempt to turn it on it shows a white screen, you can Slide to Unlock(cant see anything) hear it click but the screen remains white.

I tried the Home and power button combination but no luck.

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Either the LCD connector is loose (doubtful) or 99% chance you damaged the LCD.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

richardmoca (12-07-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Either the LCD connector is loose (doubtful) or 99% chance you damaged the LCD.
    Ok thanks.

Ill open it up when I get my tools and take a look, hopefully its the connection because the LCD doesnt seen cracked, and the touch sensor works.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by richardmoca View Post
    Ok thanks.

Ill open it up when I get my tools and take a look, hopefully its the connection because the LCD doesnt seen cracked, and the touch sensor works.
    Hi, please post how you get on, I also have the same problem as you, white screen and reset and restore dont fix problem, but everthing still works as it should from knowing where to press on screen, I also am waiting on tool coming to open, I also will post to say what was up with mine, if its not the connection to the screen I have a working touch to try screen from before buying new one, thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well let me start by saying that it is a pain in the A55 to pry the touch screen away from the metal surrounding(back case). I did not accomplish anything by opening it up, I guess if you drop you iPod/iPhone hard enough the white screen will never be fixed unless you replace the logic board.

Here is a link to show you were the clips are (no one ever bothered to upload close ups)
    http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n.../iPod%20Touch/

Be cautious when prying the screen away you need to pry between the rubber and the metal not between the rubber and screen

You can see in the pictures that are linked.
    Last edited by richardmoca; 12-10-2009 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by g6gtr View Post
    Hi, please post how you get on, I also have the same problem as you, white screen and reset and restore dont fix problem, but everthing still works as it should from knowing where to press on screen, I also am waiting on tool coming to open, I also will post to say what was up with mine, if its not the connection to the screen I have a working touch to try screen from before buying new one, thanks.
    Hi, Just thought I would update my post, just fitted new lcd screen and its now working perfect again, hope this helps someone else that gets the same problem with there touch.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to g6gtr For This Useful Post:

Frostbite (12-10-2009), richardmoca (12-10-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello I just want to ask what can I do to my ipod which turns into a white screen whenever I open it and then there are this blurry things that appears and then after a while it would then ask for a password (my ipod is password locked)..I didn't drop it or anything of that sort...I was just curious..I don't know what to do...It seems to be damaged or something...It is not the same as to the first I used it.Can I refer this to the store where I bought it? pls help me...thank you! Also I was just wondering if the stores replaces earphones? It is still under warranty though...thank you!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've had this happen to me, i went to the Apple Store to figure things out.
    They told me after i dropped it, one of the things inside the Ipod got loose and just fell apart. They opened it and put it back inside. It was all fine.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shishir G View Post
    I've had this happen to me, i went to the Apple Store to figure things out.
    They told me after i dropped it, one of the things inside the Ipod got loose and just fell apart. They opened it and put it back inside. It was all fine.
    how much did it cost for u ?
    i even didn't drop my iPod but i have the same problem.
    Last edited by Laz96; 07-19-2010 at 04:29 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the same problem as Laz96 above. I tried my 1g ipod touch in a logitech soundsystem, and after fully charging it, it only shows a white screen, buttons working and all...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Primitive fix if you have the same problem I had
    Hi, I had the same problem as many of you in here. I have a 2G touch that I bought off some guy on craigslist and I got the white screen and nothing could get it out, though everything else seemed to work (music, sounds, connected to itunes, clicking noises when I touched it). Now the only solution I found is to smack the ipod against my open palm a few times. Yeah, I know, it sounds primitive but I read it at another forum and tried it when nothing else worked. Trust me, nothing else worked and since I got it from craigslist I don't have a warranty, plus its over two years old. I tried hard reboot, restoring, DFU mode restore, everything. Turns out the only thing I hadn't tried was smacking it against my hand a few times. Try it if you want, it worked for me. Just felt sorry for everyone who had the same problem I did. Good luck.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello,I assume this is a 2G iPod Touch? I've yet to see this behavior, but then, I rarely turn mine completely off. Instead, I just hit the top button to blank the screen and let the power management do its thing. Are you running 2.2 on it?