Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How many of you have ordered ipod touch?

Default How many of you have ordered ipod touch?
    Hi,

This is my first post. I am under a dilemma : which one should I go for: ipod nano or touch? I like the interface of the latter very much but the size of the drive seems to be too small given its price tag.

How many of you have ordered the ipod touch? Did any one of you have similar problem like me?

Hi,

I am experiencing the same trouble. I like both the ipod nano and the touch but I have not made up my mind yet.

However, I think I will go for the touch, since it can be filled with useful apps.

Seems like an easy choice. Do you want to be able to browse, iChat, watch vids on a large screen? Get the Touch. Its not really about the HD size.
    Various 'Books old and new
    8 Giggity, Giggity, Gigg-it-y.

Quote Originally Posted by darngooddesign View Post
    Seems like an easy choice. Do you want to be able to browse, iChat, watch vids on a large screen? Get the Touch. Its not really about the HD size.
    well its most definitely about hd size if youd want to put your entire music collection on a mobile MUSIC player..

go with a meizu, unless you like paying premiums for featureless mp3 players with bad sound, but thats just imho

but out of those two, I would go with the touch, but if you own an iphone I wouldn't go with either

Thanks

The extra $100 you pay for the 8GB Touch over the 8GB Nano is for the touchscreen, UI, wi-fi, and hackability (if thats even a word). If none of those things are a big deal to you, stick with the nano.

Personally, I already ordered a Touch for the widescreen video and hacks, but I'm keeping my 5g 30GB video to carry almost all of my music library.

Oh! Fantastic! What a great forum to be. I can see what I am going to order.

I agree. I can fill Touch with useful apps and hack it too . There are quite a few apps available for iphone which will be definitely ported to touch. This is cool. I also like the wi-fi feature plus true browser. Thanks for pointing this out. I have a music collectio roughly ~1.5GB, so I need go for classic.

I do not have an iphone. I don't talk much . Though it was , so luring to have such a gadget I didn't go for it, as I heard the rumor about the touch.

Quote Originally Posted by mssm View Post
    Oh! Fantastic! What a great forum to be. I can see what I am going to order.

I agree. I can fill Touch with useful apps and hack it too . There are quite a few apps available for iphone which will be definitely ported to touch. This is cool. I also like the wi-fi feature plus true browser. Thanks for pointing this out. I have a music collectio roughly ~1.5GB, so I need go for classic.

I do not have an iphone. I don't talk much . Though it was , so luring to have such a gadget I didn't go for it, as I heard the rumor about the touch.
    umm you can fit that collection in a touch which has 8gb which is plenty of extra space for videos and podcasts

Im going for the touch... None of the other iPods really appeal to me. I have had the 3rd gen iPod and the 5th now Im buying 16gb touch... It will be enough to keep music and hopefully some hack,,apps (wtv) :S

I just hope that Apple will release and update whith Mail and Notes... THen the hacks will not be needed for me :S

This just went so much offtopic... whatever...umm

To sum everything up, Im buying the Touch.

Quote Originally Posted by bjrnbuse View Post
    Im going for the touch... None of the other iPods really appeal to me. I have had the 3rd gen iPod and the 5th now Im buying 16gb touch... It will be enough to keep music and hopefully some hack,,apps (wtv) :S

I just hope that Apple will release and update whith Mail and Notes... THen the hacks will not be needed for me :S

This just went so much offtopic... whatever...umm

To sum everything up, Im buying the Touch.
    Wow! Congratulations !

What you said is not off topic. I am learning so many things.

Now this might be off topic : Can I read pdf files in Touch? Has 'Preview' ben ported to iPhone?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

iPod touch is breakable and iPod is something that u can throw in ur backpack and not worry about it... I have an iPhone so I'm ok with it.. But I'm gonna buy my bro a nano..