Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Won't all iPhone Native Apps work on this!!!

Default Won't all iPhone Native Apps work on this!!!
    I saw this during the keynote to day: this is simply amazing. An entry at 300 bucks for mobile OS X!

So won't every single iPhone application run on it and all the work thats gone into iPhone transfer over to the Touch!

This is great a 300 dollar Unix box, with an amazing interface. This is great I would love to take a look at this OS and see what we can transfer of of the iPod and move to the iPhone and visa versa.

Well enough of my ramblings I'm just so excited for the future of this OS X Mobile Platform!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

well the file structure is probably similar, so i imagine once "jailbroken" skins and the like will work similarly

applications requiring the use of the internet may need to be modified a bit

i guess only time will tell when people start to get and modify these, i know i sure as hell won't be getting one tho (unless someone finds a way to take the 16gb of memory and solder it to the iphone... haha jk too much money
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhone1118's Avatar
    Thanks

with a few quick mods all of the applications except for those that use the mic and the built in speakers should work fine
    I am the MacBook Pro

they say the os is identical so id prob think anything coded 'properly' for the iphone would work

Quote Originally Posted by drunknbass View Post
    they say the os is identical so id prob think anything coded 'properly' for the iphone would work
    It didn't look to me like the iPod Touch has Google maps... think one can jailbreak the Touch and simply add the iPhone's maps.app?

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MacUser View Post
    It didn't look to me like the iPod Touch has Google maps... think one can jailbreak the Touch and simply add the iPhone's maps.app?
    Won't do that much good without Edge.. but you could probably get google maps to work, i don't think jsut copying the directory would work tho...

Only time will tell, does anyone have one yet?
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."