Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod touch Software upgrade notice pissing me off

Default iPod touch Software upgrade notice pissing me off
    Every time I plug in my jailbroken 1.1.3 iPod touch, it asks me if I want that app pack, which I already got with installer. Before, I was able to just click the "No Thanks" button, but now when I click it, it just keeps asking me over and over again if I want to add it, which I obviously don't, and because of the way that ****** iTunes notices are set up, I can't change anything on my iPod at all (it doesn't let you do anything to your iPod until you have cleared all of the messages). Fix plz?

In other words:

I plug in my iPod and it gives me this

Then I scroll down to this

Then I click "No Thanks" and it takes me to this

Then I scroll down to this

Then I click OK and it takes me to this

Then when I try to go back to my iPod, it starts over from the OK screen part. Can't change anything on my iPod.

Same thing is happening to me. Just started today, and it was working fine yesterday.

Same here! I dont know what to do its like apple is making us pay for it! Its totally lame!

Apple probably just jacked up the iTunes Store. Should be fixed by tommorow. If it's not lets all e-mail them.

heh, funny thing is I was just about to type "Why won't iTunes STFU already" in the topic title box when I saw this in another window. lol.

Default Same thing here!
    Spent the evening re-jailbreaking my touch just to discover that I can't do a thing with it. At least i'm not the only one seeing this.

You can still drag songs over to the itouch from you library though. I hope this is only temporary

OK I figured it out...well for now....

1. Eject your touch
    2. Disable you connection to the net
    3. Plug the touch back in
    4. You should be able to have normal access.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by itouchguy; 02-12-2008 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yeah, I have been doing that too, but it's still pretty ***. I e-mailed support and they told me to go to iTunes menu > Preferences > General > "Automatically check for updates":uncheck, which didn't work.

Maybe someone will come out with a patch that makes it look like the iPod bought the stuff...I mean, they have patches for everything else, right?

EDIT: Just got this response from an Apple representative:
    Hello again Scott,

I'm sorry to hear you have continued to find yourself to be unable to access your iPod, and I would like to thank you for your continued cooperation and patience in this matter.

After doing some research into this matter, I have found that Apple is currently working toward a resolution for the issue you have reported. Rest assured Scott, you will receive an email after the matter has been investigated and further information is available.

Thank you once again for your patience and cooperation. It is greatly appreciated. Apple wants your iTunes experience to be as enjoyable as possible, and your allowing us the opportunity to improve our services is greatly appreciated.

*thumbs up*
    Last edited by n00neimp0rtant; 02-12-2008 at 12:26 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ankitsid's Avatar
    Thanks

hmm being that i havnt plugged in my ipod in like 3 days

ill seee

ill seee

iPhone? More like MyPhone ankitsid's Avatar
    Thanks

ill seee

We get it ankitsid...

Aha! Unless your running Fiber Optic, in which case you wouldn't have enough time to pull this off, this should work...

Simply click the (x) button at the top when you plug in your iPod. Simple ^.^

Photo: (follow the red arrow)

Last edited by Crosseyes; 02-12-2008 at 04:05 PM.

DBP truncated...
    Last edited by Crosseyes; 02-12-2008 at 04:04 PM.

Thanks

Crosseyes, your right...it worked for me. thanks.
    "...tomorrow could be the best day of your life..."

iPhone 4S 64GB iOS5 JB
    iPhone 4 32GB iOS5 JB & Unlocked
    The New iPad 64GB JB
    15" MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz i7 Unibody
    24" Apple Display

iPhone? More like MyPhone screamo's Avatar
    Thanks

Thats what i've been doing for it, it works for me so far. I'm gald to hear though that Apple is fixing it, i would've been really upset if it were in purpose and we can't use our touch unless we bought the upgrade

Does that honestly sound like something Apple would do?

C'mon. They're nice ^.^. Maybe if it was e-Tunes with the e-Pod and Windoze backing this....but then noone would buy it and hacking it would be so easy we wouldn't need a forum...