+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone turned to iPod touch after battery died!!

is a discussion within the

iPod Touch General Chat

forums, a part of the

iPod Touch

section;
Sorry hate to be that guy! I have a NOT unlocked iPhone 1.1.2. Jailbroken, customize, summerboard, ssh, etc. All the good stuff and has been workin fine, until I let
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default iPhone turned to iPod touch after battery died!!
    Sorry hate to be that guy! I have a NOT unlocked iPhone 1.1.2. Jailbroken, customize, summerboard, ssh, etc. All the good stuff and has been workin fine, until I let the battery drain dead. Now it boots up, vibrates twice and I am left with a empty iphone. All that is visable is my wallpaper, wifi signal, time, and battery icon. Instead of sayin AT&T it says iPod. Only thing I can gain access to is the music if I double click the home button. Also if you call the phone the calls come through and I can access my phone screens, until I hit the home button then stuck again. Very aggravating... probably haveta restore and start modding from scratch, but wondered if this has been found out and there are any fixes. It is definately an exploit in one of the many 3rd party apps and would be benificial if we could figure it out for better develop it. please help if you have any, thanks guys.
    ~Justin

2. The Following User Says Thank You to chops612 For This Useful Post:

closetland (01-01-2008)

Thanks

It's a guess but, I think you have destroyed your M68 plist!
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/M68AP.plist

it can't be read and all you get is an iPhone with no apps.
    is your ssh on? if so, you can poke around and run apps manually.

and possibly repair or replace M68AP.
    http://jpassoc.com/x -- with free itunes under the puppy!
    If I help you out, please press THANKS!

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I read in another forum similar, about that. Is the pref file the same for 1.1.2 as 1.1.1? Also does this file control the fact that my phone says ipod instead of at&t? Let me know and if ya have a the newest m68ap mind posting it on this thread as an attachment? luckily the havent made a pref that turns off ssh if u have independence ssh 1.3.1 so it should be on and I should be able to get in. Another prob is hypothetically what if I did have ssh turned off, would I be locked outta my phone? Thanks and let me know if you have any reason for the destruction of this? I mean if the battery goes dead what was running in the background that got shut off and corrupted it? hmmm

Thanks

I guess you were 'screwed' before you rebooted... but it only showed up when you rebooted.

112 and 111 m68 plists are different.

If you can't find one... in your backups , you can start with mine. it's 112
    Last edited by jakecigar; 08-09-2008 at 11:10 PM.
    http://jpassoc.com/x -- with free itunes under the puppy!
    If I help you out, please press THANKS!

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jakecigar For This Useful Post:

closetland (01-01-2008), sebipopescu (02-10-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jakecigar View Post
    I guess you were 'screwed' before you rebooted... but it only showed up when you rebooted.

112 and 111 m68 plists are different.

If you can't find one... in your backups , you can start with mine. it's 112

that tip didnt work for me... i replaced the plistfile with the one you provided with no difference so... just a startover? i dont wanna :/ blaabb

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This happened to me too, except this happened when I was using iSwitcher. It happened about 2 weeks ago. I posted on HowardForums, but they didn't pay me any attention. I found it to be weird. Anyways, I reinstalled the firmware and now everything is back to normal.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've got the same problem after installing the Big Boss's Categories Update (1.63?). With the file (m68ap.plist) provided by jakecigar I've got my iphone running again. It is also recommended to let the SSH service running, otherwise I don't know how could i get out of this problem...