+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My iPod shows no songs, but they are in the music folder inside it?

is a discussion within the

iPod Touch General Chat

forums, a part of the

iPod Touch

section;
This question is about a regular iPod (video) running on a mac [this forum seemed the most relevant] My iPod shows no songs when I scroll through it and when
    Thanks

Default My iPod shows no songs, but they are in the music folder inside it?
    This question is about a regular iPod (video) running on a mac [this forum seemed the most relevant] My iPod shows no songs when I scroll through it and when I sync it with iTunes it says it needs to be restored. But all the songs are in the Ipod_Control/music folder (in their converted iTune type files)? I don't have most of the songs on my computer because the harddrive is too small, so I can't recopy them and re-upload them. I tried backing up all the files to an external HDD to add then to iTunes and reupload them, but I kept getting errors saying cannot read "random file name" file. But if I try to play any file through VLC it works? Does anyone have an idea what to do?

Thank you so much!

A(*゚ー゚*)R(ー゚* )I(゚ )G( )A( ゚)T(* ゚ー)O(*゚▽゚*)ノ~☆

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey, buddy, Maybe this method can sovle ur problem.
    If ur pc didn't have enough space, u should backup ur Ipod_Control/music folder to a external HD before u restore the iPod, and then, u should change the backup folder's attribute, because all the files in ur music folder are hiding, erase this attribute.
    After u finished restoring, keep the external HD connecting with ur pc, and every time u update ur iPod, u must connect the iPod with ur pc.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

em.... i will have a try on the solution. hope that it will help.