Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mod Request

Default Mod Request
    I'm not much of a computer coder or anything so I couldn't do this myself, so could someone please unpack this Shared.artwork file, change the status bar you see on the lockscreen and springboard from the grey/black it is and make it transparent, and then repack it?
    I tend to steer clear of big cydia apps such as winterboard because it drains a little too much memory and battery power.
    Extremely Appreciated

Download Shared.artwork from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
    ^^ Original Shared.artwork ^^

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

I reccomend you use Springtomize 2 for iOS 5.0.1+. It is very good on memory and has lots of options to fully customize your device. Trust me I use it all the time. It's very reliable.

Have tried springtomize before, it was good, but I i don't want to use it just to change the status bar.
    Also, the Shared.artwork file is from an iPod Touch 3g. Non-retina stuff.

Thanks

Browse through the system files with iFile than. The most useful file to you for this kind of thing would be SpringBoard.strings under SpringBoard.app You could also use SBSettings for this as it has a status bar changer as well.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

I believe editing any plist or strings files could remove the status bar, but it would create problems such as the status bar icons going missing. All I want to happen is have the status bar image that appears on the lockscreen and springboard replaced with a transparent image of the same size (pixels). Unfortunately that image is stored inside the shared.artwork file and I don't know how to unpack or pack it. I was hoping someone knew how to use the DavePeck Artwork extractor to do it for me.

Thanks

I don't, Sorry. You want to get an image on the statusbar if I'm correct, Right?

No, I want the lockscreen status bar included in the .artwork file to be made transparent. From ios4 and up the status bar and alot of other images such as the keyboard buttons where put in .artwork files. I could simply install winterboard and put a new transparent statusbar image in the themes UIImages folder which acts like a replacement artwork file, but I have an ipod touch 3g with very little ram to spare on cydia apps such as winterboard, so i am manually theming the ipod by literally replacing all the original files with new ones.
    Would you perhaps know anyone that knows how to use the davepeck program?

Thanks

Sorry, Unfortunetly I don't. Try this forum iNinjas - Index It is a very useful hacking forum that I have been on for awhile. I have no intent to advertise here, I'm just saying this is probably your best place to go because I know quite a few people on there that are very good hackers and developers and know their way around that kind of thing. If you do make a thread or something, Make sure to mention that you were referred there by iPhoneHACKER.

Like I said before, This is not intended for advertising, I just reccomend you look around there since there are some experts on that kind of stuff there.

Thnx bro, I'll check it out.

Thanks

No problem