+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Custom Notification Background?

is a discussion within the

iPod Themes

forums, a part of the

iPod Mods

section;
I was wondering if there is a way to make the background of the notifications an image...I installed a Cydia app to make the notifications black, now I'd like to
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Lightbulb Custom Notification Background?
    I was wondering if there is a way to make the background of the notifications an image...I installed a Cydia app to make the notifications black, now I'd like to make it a custom picture instead. I am using WinSCP.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TheBaddestiPod For This Useful Post:

tommyd75 (09-24-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have never done this(with this particular topic anyway) so I don't know for sure. But I THINK you should be able to go into the theme (var/stash/themes/_name of theme_) and find the image they use for the notifications. You said they were black. So you should be able to find it. (if you have trouble finding it then tell me the name of the theme and I'll figure it out for you.) Then when you find it, make note of the name of the file. Then take the image you want to change it to and rename it the same thing as whatever it was on that theme. After that go to the image on the theme and rename IT to whatever it was but add a random digit. (if it was notification-logo.png, name it notification-logo1.png) and then take the image you want to change it to(you should have already renamed it) and drop into the same folder that the original theme image was. And then respiring and it should work. Tell me how it works out. I've don't things like that with other UI images and it works beautifully so you shouldn't have any problems. But let me know if you do.