+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why?

is a discussion within the

iPod Shuffle

forums, a part of the

iPod Models

section;
This is a question for all of you current shuffle owners...why did you decide to get it? Okay, it is ridiculously light weight but its not exactly like other mp3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone chbearsrock's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Why?
    This is a question for all of you current shuffle owners...why did you decide to get it? Okay, it is ridiculously light weight but its not exactly like other mp3 players weigh 45lbs and strain your arm muscles. So why buy a device that has no screen, no playlists, and even lacks the basic function of allowing you to choose the track you want to listen to, especially with so many cheap options out there that have those functions? Please don't think I'm being a jerk or flaming or something like that...I just want to understand.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yea I was going to ask the same thing. I don't think I could live with one of those.

Yea I was going to ask the same thing. I don't think I could live with one of those. I'd probably lose it or accidently eat it or something.
    Last edited by Krazedkid1221; 09-07-2008 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have my iphone and shuffle. I had my shuffle before my phone but the reason I bought my shuffle was because of its size and its price. I loaded it with all of the songs that I really like so I don't care what plays cuz I like them all. Every song is a surprise and they're all great. I use it on the bus to work everyday and at the gym. Thats it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone chbearsrock's Avatar
    Thanks

Wouldn't you rather have something with a screen though? If I'm at the gym and I suddenly get the urge to lift to some AC/DC, I can just select the artist. Don't you miss that?

Thanks

I'd say that for a lot of people, it's a price-based decision. They want to own an iPod, but they can't afford a large capacity one...

Green Apple
    Thanks

The shuffle was pretty cool and had its niche. Clipping it on your shirt, belt whatever while you workout was cool.
    It had its place but i think you are right with so many options now for mp3 players I dont see where it fits in.

Wow I remember I had a diamond rio 128mb back in the day lol.
    Even that thing was super light.
    Wil

Thanks

I bought one for my girl because she wanted something very small to wear while working. It's functional she makes 1gb playlists on iTunes, then she can drag it straight over and have it with her. I hate that it doesn't have a screen but the beast plays for hours. Jogging, walking, and anything else that a person would want to lessen bulk. I gotta have my touch she can keep the shuffle.

but really, what threads will be under this topic cases and docks?
    Last edited by evolutionarymc; 09-14-2008 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Personally, I got mine from my boyfriend, whom received his from a friend. I'm assuming the friend went with the shuffle because it's the least expensive. In general my friends that buy the shuffle are looking for something super easy, usually for the gym.

All the songs on my shuffle are ones I really like, so it doesn't matter which song comes up.
    Last edited by MacGal; 01-07-2009 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Lol i have a ipod touch and my little sister said she wanted a ipod shuffle..and i asked why she said because she doesnt like the screen i was like wth thats the point of ipod

Thanks
    I got a Green Shuffle for my mum recently with engraving, She loves it because of its size and simplicity. She uses it when shes at work because it fits even into a little pocket. I personally prefer my iPhone. I Think shuffles are great, especially for people that are kinda out of date on newest technologies. and just want a simple little easy to use mp3 player to lestin to their favourite 80's music

~GuThanDuDe

Banned
    Thanks

The small size make me easy take .

Green Apple
    Thanks

I got it because it was cheap

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have both iphone and the shuffle. had the ipone first and just gut the newest shuffle which is perfect for what i got it for. i use to run with my iphone strapped to my arm no problem but when it came to hitting the boxing gym. it would be rediculous to box with a phone on ur arm. with the shuffle i clip it on to my waist and its like its not even there.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

i have an ipod 60GB, iphone 3G 16GB, and now a green 3rd gen 4GB shuffle.

i had been using my 60GB ipod fo rthe longest time in the gym. wearing it on my arm got kinda annoying and in the way, but i dealt with it and got used to it. then i got my iphone, i would never take it into the gym or wear it on my arm (i take too good care of my stuff).

for our 2nd wedding anniversary (which happens to be today ) my wife got me the shuffle. when i was at the gym, i just listened to my "gym" playlist to get me pumped up while lifting weights. i didnt like to take it off my arm, or even turn it around on my arm, to look and see which song was playing or even to chose a specific song, i just listened to the playlist on random. when there was a song i didnt feel like hearing, without looking, i would just skip to the next song.

so the shuffle works perfect for me:

-no moving parts (flash player) that could come lose while running/moving

-no messing with choosing playlists, choosing starting song

-clips easily anywhere

-weighs next to nothing

-small enough to take everywhere apart from the gym

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes i am strongly agreed that its nothing but more than useless
    Following are some reasons due to that i dont' like this.

> For both shuffle and repeat, the indicator and the button are the same thing. The iPhone UI uses "everything is touchable" to save space, and it works in most cases. The convention isn't a complete failure here, except that the icons don't look particularly button-like. I've seen the scrubber dozens of times and never noticed these buttons were there.

> The shuffle and repeat button/indicators are not visible in the normal mode of operation. You have to bring up the panel explicitly to check or change the status of these modes.

> The shuffle and repeat button/indicators are not in an intuitive location. The main thing that comes up when you tap on the Now Playing screen is the track position indicator/widget, which describes the track being played. Shuffle and repeat are properties of the play order, and I would not expect to be able to affect the play order in the same UI mode as rewinding or fast-forwarding the track. The previous-track and next-track buttons are on the panel at the bottom of the screen, which is always visible.
    mod edit/links removed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I bought my iPod Shuffle when I already had my iPod Touch for a few reasons.
    The biggest one was workouts. I really did not like the armband idea, as it seemed to likely to break my iPod. It looks really ridiculous (I think) just because it looks like you have a phone on your arm. It's really really light, too, and it really feels like nothing is there.
    The next biggest was for swim meets. I did not want to bring my iPod Touch to swim meets, because you leave your belongings unattended for very long periods of time during swim meets: I needed something cheap and small so I could easily hide it or replace it if it did get stolen/water damaged.
    I really don't care about not having a screen on it because I only put music I really really like on it, so I don't care what's playing because I'm bound to like it. And you can make playlists on it, just not on the go, so I have specific playlists depending on the mood I'm in. And I have a Michael Jackson playlist for when I want to bust out my "Ooooooooo!"
    I have the one without the buttons ( can't remember if it's third or fourth generation) and I like how incredibly small and light it is. The slide button control is really cool too.
    All in all, I really like my iPod Shuffle, and I think that I made a very good decision in buying it (for only $20 BRAND NEW, mind you).
    That's why I use my iPod Shuffle.