+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: HTC Animated Weather Widget issues

is a discussion within the

iPod Service, Warranties, and Repairs

forums, a part of the

General iPod

section;
Hello, Thank you for providing the files. I am somewhat of a newbie to this. I cannot get the weather to work. I put the new lockbackground and the weather
...
  1. #21
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hello,

    Thank you for providing the files. I am somewhat of a newbie to this. I cannot get the weather to work. I put the new lockbackground and the weather widget files in BOTH the Weather Widget 1.7 theme AND the /var/mobile/library/perpagehtml/htcanipph locations. I am confused because the Weather Widget 1.7 theme shows up in Winterboard and PerPageHtml. Do I need only one? How do I get rid of the duplicate? I think I have too much going on. Can you please help?

    Thanks,
    Melissa8

    Update: I got it working with two days forecasting. It looks beautiful.
    Last edited by Melissa8; 06-01-2013 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Issue Solved

  2. #22
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    With HTC Animated Weather Widget 1.3 the fix does not seem to work as the code in location.js seems to differ.

    function fetchWeatherDataGPS (zip) {
    var url="http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?w="+zip+"&u="+tempUnit;
    var xml_request = new XMLHttpRequest();
    var requestTimer = setTimeout(function() {
    xml_request.abort();
    if (xmldata == false) { dealWithWeather ({error:true}); }
    }, 10000);
    xml_request.onload = function(e) {
    clearTimeout(requestTimer);
    xml_GPS_loaded(xml_request);
    }
    xml_request.overrideMimeType("text/xml");
    xml_request.open("GET", url+"&antiCache="+Math.floor(Math.random()*1001));
    xml_request.setRequestHeader("Cache-Control", "no-cache");
    xml_request.send(null);
    return xml_request;
    }

  3. #23
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Thank you, this worked a treat on all my HTC stuff, so now I'm spoiled for choice lol
    Quote Originally Posted by pikos2000 View Post
    You aren't lazy to change the files - are you?

    Attaching LockBackground.html.txt (HTC Weather Widget for lock screen) and Widget.html.txt (HTCAniPPH). Make sure to rename both to back to *.html before uploading to either /Library/Themes/HTC Weather Widget 1.7.theme or /var/mobile/Library/PerPageHTML/HTCAniPPH.

    Attachment 640704

    I don't have HTC iWidgets installed - but assume a similar fix would work there too.

  4. #24
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hi, i did follow grandeinaventicup but now I can't find that text in the widget HTML (the part I edited on his instructions). Did I not delete that part and replace it with yours?how can I get it back? Thanks

  5. #25
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,865
    Thanks
    39,207
    Thanked 16,412 Times in 6,005 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Maddogfelony View Post
    Hi, i did follow grandeinaventicup but now I can't find that text in the widget HTML (the part I edited on his instructions). Did I not delete that part and replace it with yours?how can I get it back? Thanks
    Just put your backed up original in its place and start over.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  6. #26
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by hawken View Post
    With HTC Animated Weather Widget 1.3 the fix does not seem to work as the code in location.js seems to differ.
    It works for "HTC Weather Animated PerPageHTML" version 1.1 by davidrom6, which is from ModMyI widgets.

  7. #27
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    thank yoy it worked fine!!!!!!!













    Quote Originally Posted by pikos2000 View Post
    You aren't lazy to change the files - are you?

    Attaching LockBackground.html.txt (HTC Weather Widget for lock screen) and Widget.html.txt (HTCAniPPH). Make sure to rename both to back to *.html before uploading to either /Library/Themes/HTC Weather Widget 1.7.theme or /var/mobile/Library/PerPageHTML/HTCAniPPH.

    Attachment 640704

    I don't have HTC iWidgets installed - but assume a similar fix would work there too.

  8. #28
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Exclamation cannot get US zip codes to work
    hello,

    I have replaced both files, however, I cannot get my US zip code to work, however, when I started over and the default location CAXX0054, this pulls up Calgary just fine and everything works. The only line I change is in the configure me.js to my zip code to 63049 but when I respring, everything is blank. But if I go back and put in CAXX0054 and respring, everything works. Other cities from other countries also work fine for example paris france i put in frxx0076 and everything works fine. What code/method of input am I missing to make US zip codes work? thanks a lot!
    Last edited by jreiser369; 06-05-2013 at 11:08 AM.

  9. #29
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,865
    Thanks
    39,207
    Thanked 16,412 Times in 6,005 Posts

    Go to "weather.yahoo.com" put your zip code in just under the forecast on the right side and click go. Once your city displays in the middle with the correct info, click on the "Extended Forecast" button just above where you entered your zip code.

    In the www address look for the word "extended" and immediately after it should be you 8 character alpha numerical code. Should start with "US".

    Enjoy!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    jreiser369 (06-05-2013)

  11. #30
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Go to "weather.yahoo.com" put your zip code in just under the forecast on the right side and click go. Once your city displays in the middle with the correct info, click on the "Extended Forecast" button just above where you entered your zip code.

    In the www address look for the word "extended" and immediately after it should be you 8 character alpha numerical code. Should start with "US".

    Enjoy!

    Thank you for the help. Works great!!

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to jreiser369 For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (06-05-2013)

  13. #31
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    i noticed with this weather widget the location codes have changed from woeid to web address codes which is fine as i now have weather forecasts but some of the icons are missing, according to yahoo weather it is the sunny icon, anybody know the fix for this ?

    HTC Animated Weather Widget issues-img_0011.png

    Quote Originally Posted by rc193 View Post
    i noticed with this weather widget the location codes have changed from woeid to web address codes which is fine as i now have weather forecasts but some of the icons are missing, according to yahoo weather it is the sunny icon, anybody know the fix for this ?

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0011.PNG
Views:	46
Size:	482.7 KB
ID:	659567

    scratch this, i found the fix, if anyone is having this issue, use either ifunbox or ifile and go to your htc animated weather widget location, in my case it is var/mobile/iwidgets/htc animated weather and then icon sets and find 3200_small.png and rename it to 32_small.png and respring.

    the issue will be resolved and the sun will shine.
    Last edited by rc193; 02-28-2014 at 07:41 PM.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to rc193 For This Useful Post:

    oloung1 (02-28-2014)

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts