+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: An Odd SHSH Blobs Question/Issue

is a discussion within the

iPod Service, Warranties, and Repairs

forums, a part of the

General iPod

section;
My sister recently UPGRADED to ios 6.0 without saving her blobs :P The thing is, it wont save her ios 6.0 blobs, ios 5 blobs, or even her 6.0.1 blobs
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Question An Odd SHSH Blobs Question/Issue
    My sister recently UPGRADED to ios 6.0 without saving her blobs :P
    The thing is, it wont save her ios 6.0 blobs, ios 5 blobs, or even her 6.0.1 blobs after i upgraded to see if that would fix it. I am on the current version of TinyUmbrella for mac (6.0.1.0.1) and i know that you should still be able to save them after you upgrade. I also have the same problem, however i did save my blobs before restore upgrading, but am still unable to save the 6.0 blobs or 6.0.1. It will recognize the devices, just say that we are too late to save the 6.0 ones. This really has me stumped as i am usualy able to workaround issues, it is an odd problem.

On a side not anybody know any good custom firmwares besides pwnagetool, sn0wbreeze, and similar things? Like a custom ROM for android but on ios? off topic but would be cool.(no, dreamboard does not count for a custom rom or rom lookalike)

Thanks

Try the latest version of redsn0w for blob-saving (plug your iPods in before saving, and have the IPSW file of the blobs you want to save downloaded). That should save your blobs locally and with Cydia as well if you'd like.

As for totally custom userland and kernel images, nothing like CyanogenMOD or MIUI exists for iOS, due to the fact iOS is closed-source and the security layers of iOS prevent unsigned code running at the levels a kernel replacement would need.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

Kundy (11-11-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks, will try that out. False alarm for my iPod not being able to downgrade, the blobs were corrupt for mine(5.1.1) but i happened to have a custom stiched firmware lying in the jailbreak folder. Thanks for the help