+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to restore iPod Touch 2nd/3rd gen, but with a twist

is a discussion within the

iPod Service, Warranties, and Repairs

forums, a part of the

General iPod

section;
Okay so I happen to be in this bizarre situation with my iPod touch. For starters, I can't remember if it's a 2nd or a 3rd. Another thing is, I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How to restore iPod Touch 2nd/3rd gen, but with a twist
    Okay so I happen to be in this bizarre situation with my iPod touch. For starters, I can't remember if it's a 2nd or a 3rd. Another thing is, I don't remember the password to it, and also the computer I set this up with is long gone. So iTunes won't let me do anything with it because of it's password. Now somebody at this point might say something like "just DFU and restore that way!" But DFU mode has been thwarted by my not working home button... So does anyone have any idea how I can get myself back into this iPod Touch? It is jailbroken at the moment, if that matters, but I can't think of any way of getting into it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy308 View Post
    Okay so I happen to be in this bizarre situation with my iPod touch. For starters, I can't remember if it's a 2nd or a 3rd. Another thing is, I don't remember the password to it, and also the computer I set this up with is long gone. So iTunes won't let me do anything with it because of it's password. Now somebody at this point might say something like "just DFU and restore that way!" But DFU mode has been thwarted by my not working home button... So does anyone have any idea how I can get myself back into this iPod Touch? It is jailbroken at the moment, if that matters, but I can't think of any way of getting into it.
    Dude...sorry... but you are really SOL. I have no idea how to help as you sir are definatly screwed!