+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipod 64gb 4th generation gets hot fast

is a discussion within the

iPod Service, Warranties, and Repairs

forums, a part of the

General iPod

section;
Just picked up a ipod 4th gen 64gb for my daughter. I swapped the lcd for a pink one and then noticed it gets really hot within 3 minutes of
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Ipod 64gb 4th generation gets hot fast
    Just picked up a ipod 4th gen 64gb for my daughter. I swapped the lcd for a pink one and then noticed it gets really hot within 3 minutes of charging it , it shows the temperature logo and I cant use it for a few minutes. I dont know if it was like this before but it may have been . I think it might be the battery but I am not really sure. Has anyone had this happen to a ipod touch before?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wiCkedcZr View Post
    Just picked up a ipod 4th gen 64gb for my daughter. I swapped the lcd for a pink one and then noticed it gets really hot within 3 minutes of charging it , it shows the temperature logo and I cant use it for a few minutes. I dont know if it was like this before but it may have been . I think it might be the battery but I am not really sure. Has anyone had this happen to a ipod touch before?
    Did you do the LCD panel swap yourself, or did you have someone else do it for you?
    Regardless, it sounds like something bad happened during the parts swap.
    Possibly some internal contacts got shorted or fried. Possibly the power supply has gone south.

Possibly it's just a bad cable. Have you tried charging it with a different cable? (or from a different PC/usb source?) Also take a close look at the dock connector at the bottom of the iPod. Is it clean? is there any debris or anything that looks funny?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I swaped it myself. Its definetly not the cable either. Ive seen some videos on youtube about the top half getting hot on the ipod but no fixes.