+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Error 21 On restore attempt, to update to 5.1, went in to (what I think is) a boot loop

is a discussion within the

iPod Service, Warranties, and Repairs

forums, a part of the

General iPod

section;
Hello, I felt bored and decided to update to 5.1 (I can't update all my apps at once without it and it's getting annoying) but when I attempted to, It
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation Error 21 On restore attempt, to update to 5.1, went in to (what I think is) a boot loop
    Hello, I felt bored and decided to update to 5.1 (I can't update all my apps at once without it and it's getting annoying) but when I attempted to, It downloaded the 5.1 firmware, then, on a restore attempt (that it did automaticly) it locked into a black screen (the screen was on, but it only showed black) and I thought it was just a glitch so I held the lock and home button to enter restore mode, it then came up with the normal connect to itunes, just like it was from the factory, so I plugged it in to the computer, and got error 21. It's kept like this for a while, can you guys help me out? I really don't wanna loose my iPod. Also, I don't have any SHSH blobs, that I know of at least, but I'll search if I must.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

Have ya put it into dfu mode and the try to update?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm fine now, appearantly, I just had to delete a line from my hosts file. Working fine now.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

Glad ya got it working