+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Desperate to Sync my Ipod!! Any advice?

is a discussion within the

iPod Service, Warranties, and Repairs

forums, a part of the

General iPod

section;
Hi everyone! I have been threw all the manuals and how to guides that I can find online.. I am about to have to call apple, which I really dont
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy Desperate to Sync my Ipod!! Any advice?
    Hi everyone! I have been threw all the manuals and how to guides that I can find online.. I am about to have to call apple, which I really dont want to do lol. Here is my issue..

I have an Ipod Touch 4g. I bought it February of 2011.. It Synced fine the first few times, then wouldnt sync (or be seen by the PC at all) I brushed it off to the PC's fault.. Got to a different PC months later & it still didnt work. We got a New Pc. Synced 1 time and that was it. I bought new cables.. both 3rd Party & Apple brand.. Neither work. I can plug up to the wall & charge just fine though.. I now have a new laptop (Windows 7) and it still does not see it...

Once they started allowing the apps to sync wirelessly (threw cloud I think?) I "out of sight out of mind" it and didnt worry about syncing it.. Now I have a few apps telling me I have to update my firmware (think that is the word they used) So I could use that app.. Of course I can not remember which app it is since it disappeared off of my ipod & is not listed in my "Purchased" items. I know it was something to do with Kindergarten. lol. But that is not the point..

My ipod is not jailbroken.. I considered it but am chicken lol. I have tried all the USB ports on all the PCs I have used. Oh, I did get my ipod to plug up to our main PC (windows xp.. ) but all it would do is hold the charge.. it would not charge it, or see it any where. Just let us keep using it without it dying. Not sure if that means something or not..

I am under the impression it is a hardware issue.. but my warranty runs out next month & I am not sure if it is worth the 59$ to extend it lol.

On a side note.. My husband has the Ipod Touch 3g. His will sync once in a while.. His does have an issue with some of the cords though. His will not respond to some of the 3rd party cords.. But we CAN manipulate the pc to see his ipod.. just not mine lol.

Ty so much for your help!! We are near Savannah, GA so if you happen to know someone who can look at it & let me know what I should do, for cheap, please let me know!!

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

I would go to an apple store. Also note that many 3rd party cables don't support syncing, only charging.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default ..
    ok ty.. I did try with our actual apple cords as well.. no go.

Ty for the advice & I will try to find one locally!

Thanks

If you have a warranty, I would get it replaced. Make sure you back it up in iTunes

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    If you have a warranty, I would get it replaced. Make sure you back it up in iTunes
    Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    Make sure you back it up in iTunes
    Lmao! Right on for good advice with take it Apple Store bro just got me with backup thing lol... I think she said PC does not see it.

Sounds like you actually might have hardware issues. As our fellow mmi member already said Take it to the appleStore and if they succeed to see it on their PC just have them back up and restore it for you. But they will most likely just replace it.

I would recommend trying it on a Mac if you can.

There are few things to consider first tho:

Do you have latest iTunes?
    Do you have latest USB drivers installed in you pc?
    Hit the thanks button if I helped in any way

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default ..
    lol yeah cant back it up if a PC doesnt see it :-p

I searched using Apples locator thing & there is only 1 person any where in our area that is listed.. is there another way of finding someone?

And yes I know I have the latest Itunes.. I am pretty sure I have the latest drivers for my USB drives.. I am not sure how to check though.

I dont know of anyone who owns a Mac..

Ty again for the suggestions..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wittymomma View Post

I searched using Apples locator thing & there is only 1 person any where in our area that is listed.. is there another way of finding someone?

And yes I know I have the latest Itunes.. I am pretty sure I have the latest drivers for my USB drives.. I am not sure how to check though.

1 person? Do you mean one store? And oh yeah haha, I forgot you can't backup...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wittymomma View Post

I assume one person as in one local Apple store? It might be just one of those BestBuy type things tho. At this point I would contact apple by phone and ask where is their nearest store, there is also an option of sending it in directly but I wouldn't recommend it since it could take few weeks and a returned iPod stating no problem found.

I can tell you that it's not unheard of for these types of things to happen usually a restore does the job, however it should have worked with another PC.

There just isn't any better advice than taking it to the Apple store, the sooner the better, especially now since as you mentioned your warranty is almost up.

Good luck!
    Hit the thanks button if I helped in any way