+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod 4G wifi disconnection problems

is a discussion within the

iPod Service, Warranties, and Repairs

forums, a part of the

General iPod

section;
Hey guys, I just got my iPod 4G and 5 minutes out of the package I jailbroke it, so I couldn't tell you if the iPod acted like this before
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question iPod 4G wifi disconnection problems
    Hey guys,
    I just got my iPod 4G and 5 minutes out of the package I jailbroke it, so I couldn't tell you if the iPod acted like this before the jailbreak or not...

It seems my Wifi likes to cut in and out for about a half second and then come back on, and it does this in about 30-60 second intervals. The reason this bothers me a lot is because when I download tweaks from Cydia, sometimes halfway through the download it'll cut in and out real fast, and I have to start the download again, and I normally have to try about 4 or 5 times before successful.

I have tried googling this problem up and I really couldn't find anyone with a similar story. If anyone could help me that would be great! Thank you guys!

Also, my iPod 2G never did this on this wifi, nor did the iPhone 3G.
    Last edited by JacobMorse; 01-16-2012 at 07:41 PM.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

You have posted here before with cracked apps...i would delete them all and go from there buy ya apps and tweaks and maybe ya phone will work like its suppose to

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    You have posted here before with cracked apps...i would delete them all and go from there buy ya apps and tweaks and maybe ya phone will work like its suppose to
    I really didn't know that was against the rules here earlier, and I am sorry for posting about that.
    This is a completely different problem though, so if we could just keep it on subject that would be appreciated. I'm just hoping for a solution.

2k1
    Thanks

maybe you downloaded something that corrupted ya wifi? have ya thought about maybe a restore and try and jailbreak ya iPod and and install them one at a time and see what ones giving ya problems

Thanks
    Thanked 15,019 Times in 6,925 Posts

I agree. A restore is probably best course of action. Maybe even don't jailbreak it at first to test how the wifi is normally. If it still does it without the jailbreak then you may have a hardware issue.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Alright. I just removed a couple of sources and cydia apps from the iPod, I'll get back to you guys in a little bit to see if there is any change. If I do have a hardware issue, what can I do from that point on? I don't know a lot about Apple's warranties.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,019 Times in 6,925 Posts

You would take it back to apple. Tell them the issue and they would probably just give you a new one.

Obviously restore it first to wipe the jailbreak before that.

2k1
    Thanks

if you have apple care with it..you can git ya another iPod.... or if its not to old ya said ya just got it a while ago ya may be able to trade it in....But i would do a restore after what ya do doesn't fix it...and just mess with it before ya jailbreak it and see if it happens again

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    You would take it back to apple. Tell them the issue and they would probably just give you a new one.

Obviously restore it first to wipe the jailbreak before that.
    Will do. Yeah if removing those couple of iffy sources doesn't fix it, I'm going to restore it completely, leave the jailbreak off for a few days and see if that makes a difference. If not I'll come back to you guys. But if you have any other ideas on what I could do to resolve this issue without having to restore it beforehand that would be awesome. But thank you though for the suggestions!

2k1
    Thanks

I think ya best bet if ya don't find any sources that have the solution would be restore sorry

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Problem has seemed to disappear after I removed a couple of sources and a few tweaks. Thanks a ton guys for the help, if any problems come up again I'll be sure to post. You can close this thread now if you'd like!

2k1
    Thanks

What sources and tweaks ya removed. Just in case someone else may run into same problem in the future.

Green Apple
    Thanks

You can try hard reset otherwise contact to your nearest Apple Care.