+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ipod touch power button broke and 4got pass code help

is a discussion within the

iPod Service, Warranties, and Repairs

forums, a part of the

General iPod

section;
Hello all I'm working on a friends ipod the screen is cracked and power button broke I need to know what version it is to order a new screen but
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default ipod touch power button broke and 4got pass code help
    Hello all I'm working on a friends ipod the screen is cracked and power button broke I need to know what version it is to order a new screen but without the pass code I cant check what Gen it is ..whats the best way to fix it ?? thanx!

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Does it have a camera? If so it is the iPod touch 4th gen. If it doesn't have a camera, and it also has a volume rocker, then it is a 2nd or 3rd gen. These are the same, so it should work to order a screen for either generation. To tell whether it is a 2nd or 3rd gen, look at the back and see if the logo where it tells you how much storage your device has (ie, 8,32, etc) if the logo is small, it is 3rd gen. If it is bigger, it is 2nd. Also only the 2nd and 1st gen have 16gb available, so if it's 16, and has a volume rocker, it is a 2nd gen. If the iPod does not have a volume rocker, it is a first gen.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Thanks
    i know this thread is a little dated, but for anyone else who may come across this and are wondering the same, check this link, direct from apple.
    Identifying iPod models
    Ipod enthusiast/computer programmer.......anyone want a PC music randomizer?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    Does it have a camera? If so it is the iPod touch 4th gen. If it doesn't have a camera, and it also has a volume rocker, then it is a 2nd or 3rd gen. These are the same, so it should work to order a screen for either generation. To tell whether it is a 2nd or 3rd gen, look at the back and see if the logo where it tells you how much storage your device has (ie, 8,32, etc) if the logo is small, it is 3rd gen. If it is bigger, it is 2nd. Also only the 2nd and 1st gen have 16gb available, so if it's 16, and has a volume rocker, it is a 2nd gen. If the iPod does not have a volume rocker, it is a first gen.
    i ordered the wrong screen from what u said its a 2/3rd gen its small the 1 i have the ribbon cable when screen is off folds out on the top left side the 1 i got is the folds the other way ???? no way it will work is there a 2nd gen only from what u say its a 2/3rd but what i got is not

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Plug the iPod into iTunes and let it Sync with the computer. When the device shows up in iTunes click it and it will say the name of the iPod, it's software version, and generation. Hope this helps!

Thanks

the owner 4got the password how can I unlock it ????

Green Apple
    Thanks

The perfect solution is go to your nearest Apple Care.