+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Touch screen issues

is a discussion within the

iPod Service, Warranties, and Repairs

forums, a part of the

General iPod

section;
Hey everyone. I recently started repairing iPhones and IPods for friends and I have a quick troubleshooting question. My friend has a 1 gen iPod touch (I know it's hardly
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Touch screen issues
    Hey everyone. I recently started repairing iPhones and IPods for friends and I have a quick troubleshooting question. My friend has a 1 gen iPod touch (I know it's hardly even worth fixing lol) anyway his issue is with some of the touch screen keys not working, more specifically his "P" key. I've never encountered this problem before just wondering if anyone had an answer and/or a possible fix. Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

UPDATE: the iPod has been jailbroken on 3.1.3 using jailbreakme. When installing certain Cydia apps that require you to restart your springboard it just cuts to the reboot screen and stays like that for a long time. I left it for 30 mins before turning the iPod off. It's not frozen because the circle thing is continually turning. After turning it off then trying to turn it back on it gets stuck at the apple logo and won't finish turning on. My best guess is a full restore but I would rather not upgrade to 4.3. Any suggestions to this problem as well?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

If its a 1st gen 3.1.3 is the highest it can go