+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stuck in Boot Loop :(

is a discussion within the

iPod Service, Warranties, and Repairs

forums, a part of the

General iPod

section;
I've recently jailbroke my GF's iTouch (MC) for the 2nd time (first time she was having some game save issues so I downgraded it from JB 4.1 to non-JB 4.0).
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Alluziion's Avatar
    Thanks

Unhappy Stuck in Boot Loop :(
    I've recently jailbroke my GF's iTouch (MC) for the 2nd time (first time she was having some game save issues so I downgraded it from JB 4.1 to non-JB 4.0). Being on 4.0 I decided to JB with jailbreakme which went well. I added sources and downloaded ******* 4.0 which required a restart. After shutting down it started to boot back up but got stuck at the Apple logo; it remains here for ~10 mins before restarting and repeating itself.

I tried to enter DFU mode but that doesn't seem to work and I don't want to restore because I don't want to lose all her game saves; the only option I have left is to upgrade to 4.2.... BUT, as I mentioned, it reboots every ~10 mins, which means after I click upgrade, it starts backing her data up (which takes longer than 10 mins) and mid-backup it reboots again, disconnecting from the computer unable to complete the backup process besides the rest of the upgrade process.

I've done a lot of research but can only find cases on older firmwares which were due to unstable apps etc.

If anyone can provide a solution to this problem without losing her save files and app data - I'd be grateful!

Thanks in Advance!

EDIT: Sometimes when I try clicking her iPod in iTunes, the program crashes. Thought I would include this info incase it's relevance could aid to the solution.

Thanks

Having the same problem. Just updated ******* and phone is stuck in boot loop. 3GS iOS 4.0.1 any ideas?
    Last edited by Sicmaro; 03-04-2011 at 02:51 AM.
    **Currently using iPhone 4S**
    Colt AR-15 W/ Magpul OD Green 3GS iPhone case

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    If you made a backup before , you can restore , but some games will lose it's saves , and some will still have the saved games
    Last edited by Shady1213; 03-03-2011 at 06:15 AM.

Thanks

well do u want an operating ipod or u want to save games that are useless with the ipod corrupted? Just restore it, she'll get over it

She should know some things may not go rite the first time you jb an ipod/iphone..especially an mc model