+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipod touch wont let me open wifi settings

is a discussion within the

iPod Service, Warranties, and Repairs

forums, a part of the

General iPod

section;
i have never seen this before...i have rebooted and re-springed many times with no prevail. I attached a screenshot...take a look at the wifi part...i cant select it...it is all
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy Ipod touch wont let me open wifi settings
    i have never seen this before...i have rebooted and re-springed many times with no prevail. I attached a screenshot...take a look at the wifi part...i cant select it...it is all grayed out

btw...i have a jailbroken ipod running 3.1.2. i jailbroke with blackra1n and have cydia not icy or rock...Please help me as i primarily use my ipod for apps using internet!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ipod touch wont let me open wifi settings-img0184j.png  

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Has anyone ever seen this before???

Thanks

Nope it is a fail
    Keithsta

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks

Found this any help:
    Wifi Fixer [iPhone Dev Team]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

nope...i read that that was for iphones only...btw...i restored my ipod touch and am pissed off because i cant do anything through cydia...any other suggestions?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Happened to me it was a hardware issue, If you dropped it or if it fell in water it might happen or sometimes the wi-fi just fails. Apple will fix if in warranty and not caused by water, but if its out of warranty they'll ask for 150$. If your out of warranty you can try this guy: isickbay.com he's had some sucess fixing it and is reasonably with pricing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

what is the exact link? i cant seem to navigate the site...

Nevermind...got it
    Last edited by omgitszmk; 05-10-2010 at 07:30 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yeah isickbay.com is BS.... i found this [ame="http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167276"]http://www.ipodtouchfans.com[/ame] scroll to the bottom.. here's his quote "I recently had this problem too after I opened my ipod touch to repair my home button. It is a hardware problem and you can fix it by opening your ipod and looking where the black plastic is you will see a piece of metal and if you stretch it out a little bit it will connect with the ipods wifi connector and there...you have wifi." --- Tried that to no avail.. Then I heard it might be a overheating issue.. But yeah after sticking in a freezer that drops to -20 F. the pos wifi still didn't work...

I think the best fix for this is to just sell it on craiglist to an unsuspecting moron for $100.00 and buy a used one that works!!

Update*** Spoke with apple.. Def. hardware issue. apparently some part of the wifi module fries and cant be fixed rather must be replaced.. Price for them to fix is $125.00 as they have to replace whole board... I'm beginning to think that selling it to a jackass is a great idea...
    Last edited by kmckean01; 05-11-2010 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Apple killed all my hope :(

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kmckean01 For This Useful Post:

omgitszmk (05-20-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Haha...im going to try that because it happened about a month after i dropped my ipod and the back seperated from the ipod...Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i think its a software problem you will have to upgrade the firmware .
    All about Hardware Repairing for Nokia Phones. Nokia Software / Nokia firmware / Nokia flash files . Nokia Solution , Also you may share Nokia wallpapers , Nokia ringtones ,and other Nokia media Files and Nokia Java/Symbian games and Nokia applications. Nokia mobiles problem

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    "I think the best fix for this is to just sell it on craiglist to an unsuspecting moron for $100.00 and buy a used one that works!!"
    Thats nice.