+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: please help..........

is a discussion within the

iPod Service, Warranties, and Repairs

forums, a part of the

General iPod

section;
Ok, I have a 1G iPod touch that has water damage, very little (condensation from a fountain drink.....lol). Just enough to change the water mark to red. Anyhow it still
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default please help..........
    Ok, I have a 1G iPod touch that has water damage, very little (condensation from a fountain drink.....lol). Just enough to change the water mark to red. Anyhow it still works great as long as its plugged in. The problem I'm having is it wont stay charged and the wi-fi is disabled now, it is not jailbroke and it has 3.0 on it. Will replacing the battery fix the wi-fi problem, and will a new battery hold a charge? Or would there be anything else that may need replaced? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Could also be the dock assembly....or problem with the board....or just the battery.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ya, OK Thank You. It docks fine, connects to iTunes fine so it's sounding like to me that it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and get a new battery to give it a try. I mean don't really need this one my lady and I both have our 2g but I was lookin to get it fixed for her daughter.

Thanks

Ok not saying you should do this but what I did was dye the water sensor back back putting one drop of bleach in the ipod headjack and then possibly putting a tethered jailbreak on it then turn it off. Take it in to apple and say it just wont turn on? I got a new one from doing this, who knows you might even get upgraded?