+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AppStore problem with categories....

is a discussion within the

iPod Service, Warranties, and Repairs

forums, a part of the

General iPod

section;
so after jailbreaking my iPhone for like a month... i've noticed more problems ontop of my weird streaming and safari issues I was browsing the AppStore for fun and all
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default AppStore problem with categories....
    so after jailbreaking my iPhone for like a month... i've noticed more problems ontop of my weird streaming and safari issues I was browsing the AppStore for fun and all the catories are showed up as "AppStore" and all use the same icon...
    this is kinda worrying me into thinking that my iPhone is conspiring against me and is slowly decaying so please anyone with ideas? worst case scenario is that I have to restore and repersonalize my phone again -.-

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

I'd restore and start fresh.....if it was me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am having the same problem since yesterday on my iphone 3g... I dont want to go through restoring and jailbreaking process, it takes too long... Hope somebody has an idea...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same problem what icon is yours showing. Is it a program you recently installed. also when you try to sync it with itunes does it say that it cant sync becuase the iphone is disconnected?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

umm I don't know which icon it was the time I made this thread, but now it's changed to skype icons :/ and this is looking a bit hopeless so I'll try to find time to restore I guess

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Jailbreaking the phone doesn't cause the problem. I bought my phone 2 days ago and it was already screwed like that. The categories all say app store and the symbols all show skype. I then jailbroke it and the same thing happened. I then restored it and updated to version 3.1 and the app store categories is still messed up. Anyone know how to fix it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same as me they are all skype do you have/had a 3gs running 3.0.1 and then installed skype? because im pretty sure thats when the problem started for me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok guys. I did some research and here is what I got. It is actually a regional problem. It is apple's problem. If you are located in Canada, you will have this problem. This problem started a week ago. It is also glitchy. It will work for some users but some won't. It may not work and then all of a sudden work. Apple has not said anything about it yet but let's just hope this will be fixed soon. Hope this helped a bit.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

great thanks a lot

where did you find this out and how will we know when the glitch is fixed?

Hey guys, i just fixed mine in two seconds. hope this works for you to.. let me know... so what i did was go into the app store>categories go all the way to the bottom and click on acount then on view account and change the country agree to the terms and then on the next screen just press back or cancel or w.e untill you get back to categories and they should all be back to normal but then if you change back to canada it screws it back up
    Last edited by marimich; 09-12-2009 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marimich View Post
    great thanks a lot

where did you find this out and how will we know when the glitch is fixed?

Hey guys, i just fixed mine in two seconds. hope this works for you to.. let me know... so what i did was go into the app store>categories go all the way to the bottom and click on acount then on view account and change the country agree to the terms and then on the next screen just press back or cancel or w.e untill you get back to categories and they should all be back to normal but then if you change back to canada it screws it back up

yeah its fixed. I changed my country to United States and my categories work now. Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

YEs, worked for me,

went in changed locations to us and then back to canada and now it works fine...i thought it started happening after i installed skype