Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HTC Animated Weather Widget issues

Hello,

Thank you for providing the files. I am somewhat of a newbie to this. I cannot get the weather to work. I put the new lockbackground and the weather widget files in BOTH the Weather Widget 1.7 theme AND the /var/mobile/library/perpagehtml/htcanipph locations. I am confused because the Weather Widget 1.7 theme shows up in Winterboard and PerPageHtml. Do I need only one? How do I get rid of the duplicate? I think I have too much going on. Can you please help?

Thanks,
    Melissa8

Update: I got it working with two days forecasting. It looks beautiful.
    Last edited by Melissa8; 06-01-2013 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Issue Solved

With HTC Animated Weather Widget 1.3 the fix does not seem to work as the code in location.js seems to differ.

function fetchWeatherDataGPS (zip) {
    var url="http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?w="+zip+"&u="+tempUnit;
    var xml_request = new XMLHttpRequest();
    var requestTimer = setTimeout(function() {
    xml_request.abort();
    if (xmldata == false) { dealWithWeather ({error:true}); }
    }, 10000);
    xml_request.onload = function(e) {
    clearTimeout(requestTimer);
    xml_GPS_loaded(xml_request);
    }
    xml_request.overrideMimeType("text/xml");
    xml_request.open("GET", url+"&antiCache="+Math.floor(Math.random()*1001));
    xml_request.setRequestHeader("Cache-Control", "no-cache");
    xml_request.send(null);
    return xml_request;
    }

Thank you, this worked a treat on all my HTC stuff, so now I'm spoiled for choice lol
    Quote Originally Posted by pikos2000 View Post
    You aren't lazy to change the files - are you?

Attaching LockBackground.html.txt (HTC Weather Widget for lock screen) and Widget.html.txt (HTCAniPPH). Make sure to rename both to back to *.html before uploading to either /Library/Themes/HTC Weather Widget 1.7.theme or /var/mobile/Library/PerPageHTML/HTCAniPPH.

Attachment 640704

I don't have HTC iWidgets installed - but assume a similar fix would work there too.

Hi, i did follow grandeinaventicup but now I can't find that text in the widget HTML (the part I edited on his instructions). Did I not delete that part and replace it with yours?how can I get it back? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maddogfelony View Post
    Hi, i did follow grandeinaventicup but now I can't find that text in the widget HTML (the part I edited on his instructions). Did I not delete that part and replace it with yours?how can I get it back? Thanks
    Just put your backed up original in its place and start over.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by hawken View Post
    With HTC Animated Weather Widget 1.3 the fix does not seem to work as the code in location.js seems to differ.
    It works for "HTC Weather Animated PerPageHTML" version 1.1 by davidrom6, which is from ModMyI widgets.

thank yoy it worked fine!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pikos2000 View Post
    You aren't lazy to change the files - are you?

Attaching LockBackground.html.txt (HTC Weather Widget for lock screen) and Widget.html.txt (HTCAniPPH). Make sure to rename both to back to *.html before uploading to either /Library/Themes/HTC Weather Widget 1.7.theme or /var/mobile/Library/PerPageHTML/HTCAniPPH.

Attachment 640704

I don't have HTC iWidgets installed - but assume a similar fix would work there too.

Exclamation cannot get US zip codes to work
    hello,

I have replaced both files, however, I cannot get my US zip code to work, however, when I started over and the default location CAXX0054, this pulls up Calgary just fine and everything works. The only line I change is in the configure me.js to my zip code to 63049 but when I respring, everything is blank. But if I go back and put in CAXX0054 and respring, everything works. Other cities from other countries also work fine for example paris france i put in frxx0076 and everything works fine. What code/method of input am I missing to make US zip codes work? thanks a lot!
    Last edited by jreiser369; 06-05-2013 at 12:08 PM.

Go to "weather.yahoo.com" put your zip code in just under the forecast on the right side and click go. Once your city displays in the middle with the correct info, click on the "Extended Forecast" button just above where you entered your zip code.

In the www address look for the word "extended" and immediately after it should be you 8 character alpha numerical code. Should start with "US".

Enjoy!

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

10. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

jreiser369 (06-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Go to "weather.yahoo.com" put your zip code in just under the forecast on the right side and click go. Once your city displays in the middle with the correct info, click on the "Extended Forecast" button just above where you entered your zip code.

In the www address look for the word "extended" and immediately after it should be you 8 character alpha numerical code. Should start with "US".

Enjoy!

Thank you for the help. Works great!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jreiser369 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-05-2013)

i noticed with this weather widget the location codes have changed from woeid to web address codes which is fine as i now have weather forecasts but some of the icons are missing, according to yahoo weather it is the sunny icon, anybody know the fix for this ?

-img_0011.png

Quote Originally Posted by rc193 View Post
    i noticed with this weather widget the location codes have changed from woeid to web address codes which is fine as i now have weather forecasts but some of the icons are missing, according to yahoo weather it is the sunny icon, anybody know the fix for this ?

-img_0011.png

scratch this, i found the fix, if anyone is having this issue, use either ifunbox or ifile and go to your htc animated weather widget location, in my case it is var/mobile/iwidgets/htc animated weather and then icon sets and find 3200_small.png and rename it to 32_small.png and respring.

the issue will be resolved and the sun will shine.
    Last edited by rc193; 02-28-2014 at 08:41 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rc193 For This Useful Post:

oloung1 (02-28-2014)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12