Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod touch 4g restore issues

About six or so months ago I tried jailbreaking my device and something went wrong, I ended up getting all kinds of errors when trying to restore it and I lost my USB connector. I got a new one today and I plugged it in and it was stuck on the connect to iTunes screen and I had to use a program called recboot to get it out of that. I tried restoring and got error 3194. Last time it was happening I was getting that error and sometimes 1600 errors. Also, when I try to put the device into DFU mode, it turns off and yes, I am doing it right. Anything I can do?
    Last edited by Nazooer; 09-06-2012 at 01:41 PM.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Are you trying to restore to a custom IPSW? If you are, you must get into PWNED DFU first.

3194 means you're trying to restore to a firmware that is no longer signed, so make sure you're restoring to a signed firmware (5.1.1)
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    Are you trying to restore to a custom IPSW? If you are, you must get into PWNED DFU first.

3194 means you're trying to restore to a firmware that is no longer signed, so make sure you're restoring to a signed firmware (5.1.1)
    Trying to restore to iTunes 5.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post

Sorry for the rushed reply, but I was trying to recover to ios 5.1.1 downloaded through iTunes and I get either error 3194 or 10xx errors

Thanks
    Thanked 15,504 Times in 7,091 Posts

You have two options. Fix the hosts file on your computer since that is what is causing the 3194 error.
    Or use a different computer for the restore. Preferably one that you have never used tiny umbrella or anything similar on.

I've tried all of that