Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SpringBoard Fails to Start

Question SpringBoard Fails to Start
    Recently when Cydia was updating, it froze. Now the iPod Touch does not seem to boot. It sits on the Apple logo as if it was starting. However, I am able to connect to the iPod using iTunes, iFunBox, etc (it shows up as normal on the computer). So, one can only assume that Springboard is failing to start ever since the update failed. Does anyone know what I could do to fix this problem? Do you know what files I could replace to make it boot up properly. I really don't want to restore(especially since I can't see what I would be losing).

Thanks in advance,
    Ben
    Last edited by clearfire62; 08-17-2012 at 10:18 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

It might come on if you hold the volume + button in while rebooting, then try Cydia and see if it updates.

That didn't seem to do anything for me. Thanks for the advice though!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, you could try Redsnow just boot option or Pwned DFU, Fix Recovery then just boot

Sorry for the delay, I wasn't emailed your message. I will try that and get back to you.

Hi Dave,

Once again, sorry for the delay. I got redsn0w and tried it but when I click on "Pwned DFU", it says internal error. When I click on "Just Boot" or try to re-jailbreak it gets stuck on "Exploiting with steaks4uce"

I hope you can help, I really don't want to restore again!

Ben

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

It's stuck in a boot loop. The springboard isn't failing to load, the entire OS is failing to boot. Something went wrong in Cydia that is preventing the phone from booting. You need to restore if you cannot SSH in to delete (if you happen to know) what is causing the problem. Even then, with deleting the culprit fully, the device may not be able to boot up. Most boot loop cases have resulted in restoring to resolve.

Ok, I figured it was something a little more than just springboard since it was giving me all these errors. I went ahead and restored..

Thanks again for all the help

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

No problem, hope you get it all fixed up.