Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Newbie here and I need help BAD Please!

Default Newbie here and I need help BAD Please!
    I jailbroke my 4G iPod Touch with Green Poison. I wanted to sell it to get money for a new phone. So I just hit the "Erase all content and settings" button and called it a day. but 5 hrs later its still doing the same thing. the little circle thing in the center of the screen that just keeps spinning and spinning, but its not doing anything. Im REALLY scared I broke my iPod...It was running iOS 5 and I use Windows 7. HEEEELP! I just want to return everything to normal, back the way it was. Thank ya

Well, ok first things first. Do you know what an SHSH is?
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

Ok after some further reading I got what shsh is..Q: What is an SHSH?
    A: An SHSH is a secure signature hash. Basically its a unique key. (To avoid a lengthy discussion).

Q: Why do I need SHSHs?
    A: Apple only allows you to restore to the firmwares they 'sign'. This 'signing' only lasts for a limited time. Once they stop 'signing' the SHSHs for a firmware, there is no way to restore that firmware ever again. But I still have no idea what this means to me..?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,534 Times in 7,104 Posts

If you just want to sell it all you need to do is restore it in itunes. Put it in recovery or DFU mode then restore.

Well, if you were to sell it, do you still want it jailbroken?
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

Nope, just back to the way it was. I dont have access to it at this moment but last I checked it was doing the exact same thing, like when you first shut it down and the screen goes black and the little circle thing in the middle spins. So then doing what you said should fix it...even if its stuck at the screen like this?

I thought I couldnt do that because apple stopped signing iOS 5.0.1 or something?
    Last edited by DomsDodgeDingo; 04-28-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,534 Times in 7,104 Posts

Putting it in DFU or recovery mode and restoring it in itunes will fix it. As long as you dont care about jailbreaking it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

DomsDodgeDingo (04-28-2012)

Ok thank you Simon and Stray for your information. I will try this and hope it works! I dont want it jailbroken just back to normal so this sounds perfect. THANK YOU!