Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New member needing some help :0

Default New member needing some help :0
    Hey guys. So first of all my droid's touch screen broke so I can barely even use it to make calls. I use my ipod touch for everything else (email,facebook,games,etc..). So it is very important to me. I recently jail broke it with GreenPois0n RC6.1

I love it, was working great, the themes where nice, i downloaded some packages and stuff. Then my USB stopped working, the Ipod wouldn't charge or connect to iTunes. I download a usb drive program off cydia and it worked fine, a day later it did the same thing. So I tried to put it into DFU mode and it wouldnt work. I then did a restore from ipod settings. (I know, dumb move :P) Now it is stuck in a boot loop. I cant do DFU mode because it keeps turning back on as long as I have the cable plugged in, I tried going into recovery mode but itunes wont recognize it even though the ipod has the itunes logo and usb picture. Im sure its not the cable. When I plug it in, it still turns on, so i know the cable charges it. My computer says it cant recognize it though. I really need it working so would appreciate any help .

Ipod touch is 2nd gen and 4.2.1
    Have a computer running Windows 7 and one running xp.

THANKS FOR THE HELP IN ADVANCED.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Alright. Doesn't look like much went wrong. Try using different computers with different USB slots and a different USB cable. It could be the USB port or cable. Trust me on this, I've seen hundreds of situations that only required the person to use a different cable or USB port.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to H4CK3R For This Useful Post:

Haloid95 (04-26-2012)

The reason I think its not the cable is because It did this before and when I downloaded a Usb Drive off cydia it worked fine. I think its a problem with something I downloaded or the jail break. I wont be able to get to another cable for a while, So i hope its not the cable. Another thing, the ipod will go into recovery mode ,Itunes just wont recognize it. To go into recovery mode it has to recognize the cable right? And I tried all the usb ports on both computers, tried plugging it in the wall adapter and it turned on.

I dont know if this is helpful, but im pretty sure it's still charging. It just doesn't say it is.
    Thanks for the help btw
    Last edited by Haloid95; 04-26-2012 at 07:19 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Haloid95 View Post
    The reason I think its not the cable is because It did this before and when I downloaded a Usb Drive off cydia it worked fine. I think its a problem with something I downloaded or the jail break. I wont be able to get to another cable for a while, So i hope its not the cable. Another thing, the ipod will go into recovery mode ,Itunes just wont recognize it. To go into recovery mode it has to recognize the cable right?

Thanks for the help btw
    Technically, yes. For iTunes to recognize it, the USB cable or slot has to work, otherwise it just won't work. Odd that it isn't working ll the sudden, hopefully it's not the cord or anything. Maybe a bad USB slot. When in recovery mode, iTunes should ALWAYS recognize it, but in your case it's not. So I'd reccomend ya try to get to that USB cable or another computer ASAP!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to H4CK3R For This Useful Post:

Haloid95 (04-26-2012)

Thanks man, tried another cable and it worked, the other cable was a cheap chinese one so probably messed up after a while. One more thing, Greenpoison the best? or is something else better.

And thanks a lot.

Thanks

Yah I've heard good things about Greenpois0n before, I use Sn0wbreeze but yah either one of them will work. Glad ya got that cable working