Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ipod touch stuck

Unhappy ipod touch stuck
    hi i'm having problem with my ipod touch 4g 8gb , i've jailbreak it for month and there is no problem but suddenly today i try to open cydia and it keep crushing so i decide to just boot it using redsn0w_win_0.9.9b8 (that what it name on the folder) i manage to boot it and go to the apple logo but suddenly it goes white and stuck , so i try to restart it but now its end up with white stripe on it and it wont restart or anything :s-snapshot.jpg

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Try holding the home and power button together until your device shuts off. Did you have an untethered jailbreaK? Because if you did, it was a bad mistake to boot tethered.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

hi thanks for the reply but it wont go shut off , and my ipod was jailbroken tethered not untethered , do you think i should bring them to the store to check for the warranty ? i bough it last year december. or should i go for recovery mode and format it ? but i dont know how to enter recovery mode

Thanks

Use redsn0w to put into pwned dfu mode and restore to 5.0.1. If you are still having problems then take it in.

Quote Originally Posted by A3gOwner View Post
    Use redsn0w to put into pwned dfu mode and restore to 5.0.1. If you are still having problems then take it in.
    i tried it just now , but still it wont enter dfu mode

If you are tethered and cant restore, bringing it in is useless. How long did you hold the home and power button for? Just keep holding it until the screen goes black, even if its a few minutes (extreme side of things).
    Ipod enthusiast/computer programmer.......anyone want a PC music randomizer?

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Try downloading recboot to force your iPod into recovery

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

hi thanks all for the feedback really appreciate for that my ipod is already fixed thanks to all of you , i manage to wait till the battery dies and plug it into the computer and pwned DFU and restore it to the factory setting thanks for helping me