Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod 4G stuck in white screen, won't power down

Default iPod 4G stuck in white screen, won't power down
    iPod Touch 4G iOS 5.0.1 jailbroken won't turn off and is not recognized by computer. Can't get into DFU mode.

I deleted the recursive _ncurses folder (using iFunbox) to try to free up 'Other' space, saw this thread so I figured I would try. Insane recursive directory, 32 level deep.

After deleting, the iPod froze after doing slide to unlock, then I powered it off and used redns0w to start tether boot. The pineapple showed up, then the screen colors went random. Powered off again, and it booted to a white screen and won't turn off.

At a loss at what to do since there are no really relevant results in google.
    Last edited by Hata; 11-17-2011 at 12:39 PM.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hata View Post
    iPod Touch 4G iOS 5.0.1 jailbroken won't turn off and is not recognized by computer. Can't get into DFU mode.

I deleted the recursive _ncurses folder (using iFunbox) to try to free up 'Other' space, saw this thread so I figured I would try. Insane recursive directory, 32 level deep.

After deleting, the iPod froze after doing slide to unlock, then I powered it off and used redns0w to start tether boot. The pineapple showed up, then the screen colors went random. Powered off again, and it booted to a white screen and won't turn off.

At a loss at what to do since there are no really relevant results in google.
    Does your computer detect the iPod?

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Good news, iPod died and I got into DFU mode and the iPod is detected by redsn0w and iTunes. Right now I'm downloading iOS 5.0.1 through felixbruns. I'll let you know how this goes (1 hour eta).

edit: and to answer your question, the iPod was completely undetected while plugged into my computer.

edit2: Restore was successful. Thanks for replying though. I guess it really is quite difficult to software brick one of these things.
    Last edited by Hata; 11-17-2011 at 07:16 PM.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Glad you could get it fixed

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way