Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ipod touch 4th Gen Dock connector

Default ipod touch 4th Gen Dock connector
    I have an ipod 4th gen that the dock connector is ripped out. I have been trying to find a replacement to it but so far have found none. Does anyone know where I can purchase one?

iPhone? More like MyPhone imilad's Avatar
    Thanks

I have the same problem with mine, I took it to the apple store and they told me I would have to pay 99 for a replacement. I found the connector on ebay but its just the connector and your would have to solder it to the board which I don't know how to do.

Default iPod touch 4th dock connector repair
    I do repairs on iPods and can replace the 4th Gen touch dock connector. I purchase the parts directly from China.

Default solution
    Quote Originally Posted by jmedillin View Post
    I have an ipod 4th gen that the dock connector is ripped out. I have been trying to find a replacement to it but so far have found none. Does anyone know where I can purchase one?
    you can buy the connector there or you can get the service for the dock also
    iPod iPhone Touch Classic 2G 3G 4G 2nd 3rd 4th Port Dock Connector Repair Servi | eBay

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukeetechsolutions View Post
    you can buy the connector there or you can get the service for the dock also
    iPod iPhone Touch Classic 2G 3G 4G 2nd 3rd 4th Port Dock Connector Repair Servi | eBay
    jmedillin hasn't been seen in almost 2 years, so this probably won't help them much anymore.
    But if you're doing general service/repair on idevices in Milwaukee, that'd be good to know!