Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dock Problem. Please help asap!

When I'm Good, I'm Very Good iGood's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Dock Problem. Please help asap!
    Recently I re jailbroke my ipod touch 3g 8gig with greenpois0n 6.1 for the 4.2.1 firmware. Now whenever I try to apply a theme with winterboard that has a custom dock (not the original ios4 dock) it either doesn't change or my icons get messed up like in the picture below.

This is really becoming frustrating because I want to customize my dock but it doesn't work. Can someone shed some light on my problem? Thanks!

Oh yes, and also same thing goes with my statusbar, it doesn't change. Before when I was running 4.0 and I jailbroke with jailbreakme.com I had no problems. Can someone please help? Thanks a bunch!

On iOS4.2 and higher, the dock configuration is different and more complex than in the earlier versions. Hackers still need to figure out the new code for customiIng the dock, and until then, everyone should stay away from themes that involve the dock.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to braveboy510 For This Useful Post:

iGood (03-30-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by braveboy510 View Post
    On iOS4.2 and higher, the dock configuration is different and more complex than in the earlier versions. Hackers still need to figure out the new code for customiIng the dock, and until then, everyone should stay away from themes that involve the dock.
    Thank you! That explains so much! I guess I will have to be patient and wait until dock configuration is possible!

Thanks again,

If you are on 4.3 you need to downgrade

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jingley View Post
    If you are on 4.3 you need to downgrade
    There is no jailbreak for 4.3, so obviously I'm not on 4.3 I'm on 4.2.1 jailbroken with greenpois0n, it even says in the info to your right...

Ya 4.3 is jailbroken any firmware can be jailbroken now with exploit from what I've heard but I would say restore and rejailbreak again. I hate when o have to do that!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jingley View Post
    Ya 4.3 is jailbroken any firmware can be jailbroken now with exploit from what I've heard but I would say restore and rejailbreak again. I hate when o have to do that!!!!
    OH! didn't know that! thanks