Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Broke iPodTouch 3G, iTunes Restore, Blackra1n, and Redsn0w don't work!

Default Broke iPodTouch 3G, iTunes Restore, Blackra1n, and Redsn0w don't work!
    I've had this for quite a while now. Never went past 3.1.2. Never did much at all. I've had SBettings toggles and a custom theme that had buttons to send me to labeled pages. Quite an excellent theme, I had to modify it a bit. But I haven't done much anything else with it since I got it to where I like it. The last thing I did was go into the settings > activator and changed the homebutton's function at lock screen to play/pause. I've had it set to where if I press both volume buttons it unlocks. After changing the activator for the home button I unlocked it with the volume buttons and it crashed and rebooted on me. So I went to blackra1n like I always do when I have to reboot, e.g. Cydia Update. And now it won't come back on. I tried iTunes restore, updated iTunes, tried again with it in dfu, tried redsn0w and so far nothing works. Please help, I can't afford another one and my warrenty has expired quite some time ago.

EDIT -> Currently trying blackra1n boot loop, Posting results in approx 24hrs
    RE-EDIT -> Nope, didn't work. Also tried iRecovery. libusb broke my Vista... any help with that??!?!?!
    Last edited by TimeShin; 03-02-2011 at 12:14 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeShin For This Useful Post:

Tapang (03-02-2011)

Try updating to ios 4 , and updating to the latest itunes , or if you want ios 3 , just try an older version for itunes try 9.2

Already did all that. Any other suggestions?

Try iTunes 8.2 , or you can try another pc/mac , it happend to me after I jailbreak my iPod touch for the 1st time with a bad jailbreak tool , so I won't to apple store and they fixed it , so you can try your friend's pc/mac or anyone