Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Terrible crash problem after OS upate to 4.2.1

Default Terrible crash problem after OS upate to 4.2.1
    I have the 64gb iPod touch 3g that is not jailbroke and I just updated to 4.2.1 and now Im crashing all he time! I'm having to do everything in a patten to navigate anywhere. Examples: If I move my apps anywhere It crashes and reboots when I hit the home key to finish. Most apps, like clockwork boot, freeze, then work on 2nd try but I shouldn't have to be doing this! I have restored it 3 times, all with different backup files in my backup folder and nothing has worked so far! Please help : )
    Last edited by JFG79; 01-19-2011 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Adding devie info

Thanks

restore.
    No confundas mi personalidad con mi actitud. Mi personalidad es quien soy yo, mi actitud depende de quien seas tú.

As previously stated, I have restored multiple times to no avail but I did, however, reach a happy medium by deleting the bulk of my over 2000 apps and it has not done anything out of the ordinary since. I guess it must have been overloading it somehow but would still like to know of other possibilities as this shouldn't have happened in the first place according to Apple tech support. Thx

It happened to me when I updated to ios 4.2.1 but after I restored it , it didn't crash anymore

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

run it with limeradin DFU mode using redsn0w and restore to custom 4.2.1 or 4.1 if u can find any or just stock if it works if u have ur SHSH blobgs saved.

blobs*
    Last edited by delusion950; 03-11-2011 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

How many apps can u have on a non jailbroken device? I'm guessing in the range of 2116. But I'm guessing you were right on the edge there.

Haha, yeah! It kills to restore and have to restack them all so I just tossed most of em and it's much better in regards to the crashing issue I was having.