Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Itouch 1g blank screen can't dfu Think it's toast

Default Itouch 1g blank screen can't dfu Think it's toast
    I know that i am not retarded. but I can't put it into dfu mode or get the computer to reconize it. The only time that i have seen anything even appear on the screen is when i try and charge it from my car adapter. Only once did i see a very very faint apple picture (loading pic) but never again. I have tried holding the power button and home button in every which way I could find on the internet net and I have loaded 8.2 itunes. I get nothing. When I connect either through firewire, or my car adapter I will see the screen have faint black lines. (one more note. When I had it attached to certain adapter in my car (basic car to usb charger. then ipod cord- to the ipod) when I hit the power button it seemed to overload my adapter. At least I think it did. None of my other adapters reacted to the power button being touched. I am pretty sure it's a paper weight but will try anything I can to get it up and going

ok maybe I put down to much.

bottom line I can't get it to show any signs of life except the dark lines that will show very fading like when i hook it up the the power suppl=y in my car. Does anyone konw if that is a sign of it being done. could my battery be dead dead? is there any kinda hardware tests I could do to test everything individually.
    Last edited by SimpleConfusion; 11-10-2009 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Sounds like it could caused by some type of short (most likely some type of water damage). Do you know if the indicator in the headphone jack has been triggered?

what color is it if it's bad

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Red/pink bad.

i have it open where around the jack do i look

k figured it out. and it has been triggered. Does this mean it's pretty much out of my hands for what I can do or is there a way to test what actually is toast and replace it
    Last edited by SimpleConfusion; 11-12-2009 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Most likely there is not much you can do to get it working again, as is. You can sell it on eBay for a decent amount, or can try to take it to Apple and beg them to warranty replace it.