Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipod Nano 3rd Gen Intersting Problem, What do you think?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Ipod Nano 3rd Gen Intersting Problem, What do you think?
    I have an iPod nano 3rd gen 4gb silver that has an interesting problem. I have experience with fixing ipods so I know all the general tricks to fix them. The problem seems to be that the screen will not refresh. It is not frozen, I can turn the click wheel and the buttons work. I have restored it with the newest firmware and I can sync it with itunes and load music and all. The interesting thing is, i hold down the play button to put it into standby and then click it again and the screen will turn back on with the screen updated to whatever I clicked. So doing this I have been able to click and play music and this adjust volume and next songs and all. The buttons respond and work fine but the screen won't refresh itself. Also tried playing a video and I can hear the audio but is just stuck on the first frame of the video.

So what do you think? A problem with the screen? When I touch any of the buttons when screen has dimmed, it lights up but still not refreshed. Or is it some hardware issue with the onboard graphics card on the ipod?

Thanks and any help would be great.

-Swampzy

iPhone? More like MyPhone Cocacolafire's Avatar
    Thanks

its most likey your firmware.. Re-restore it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah I did that, more than once. Also first time it's been synced on this computer so the firmware was just downloaded. I've put it into disk mode and restored as well. Same thing.