Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My ipod problem, please help

Default My ipod problem, please help
    hi, i got the ipod touch 1g.

first i was jailbreaking the 2.2.1 FW, wich didnt worked
    after that i searched for redsn0w and saw that u need 3.0 for it, so i bought 3.0 os . wich was not a smart move, i jailbreaked it, but cydia didnt worked.except 1 game, i started that game and it didnt worked, opened cydia and deleted the game,when i went back to home all apps were GONE! even the settings, safari, and all stuff

when i tried to restore with 8.2 it didnt worked always the error 1602-and other tried my laptop (both PC) and the laptop said error 20, i read some guides on the internet but dont work to downgrade,
    now my ipod shows only home with no apps. some1 said try custom firmware, maybe some1 have the link of a 2.2.1 custom firmware with cydia,icy? without reboot logo

please help.
    greetz daniel

DFU restore to 3.0 again, set up as new. Jailbreak again and all should be good. The important parts are DFU restore and setting up as a new ipod, don't recover the old backup that will most likely be causing your problems.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Robcoffee For This Useful Post:

dsv.13 (07-30-2009)

still an error in the 1600,
    any1?

bumb
    Last edited by dsv.13; 07-09-2009 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

18 Days on I would have thought you had managed to try everything, errors in the 1600 are certainly not fatal so you should be able to restore the device but you need to put the effor in. You still haven't said if you are getting it into DFU or just connecting to iTunes and trying a restore. Get the latest Redsnow, run that and at the end it will guide you into putting the device in DFU mode. Remember how to do it, and then try to update the firmware through iTunes using DFU mode using a legit 3.0 firmware.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

take it to apple like I did, let them restore it

nevermind got fixed it, used my sisters mac
    any1 knows how to downgrade? or same thing? in dfu