Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipod Touch Malfunction

Question Ipod Touch Malfunction
    When i am in the middle of doing something on my ipod like looking through my music or coverflow it goes black and takes me back to the home page,
    i have the 32GB ipod touch 2nd gen

Anyone have any ideas on what is wrong with my ipod or what i should do? because it is really annoying to be cut off what you are doing after twenty seconds

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Try a restore... if that doesn;t work, Apple store.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

It also does it when im listening to songs...
    do you think it could be to do with any dodgy applications downloaded?

and when you say app store do you mean i should send for a replacement?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, I mean just take it in to the Apple store and see what they say. I guess it could be some weird application, a restore should fix it though. If a restore doesn;t fix it, Apple is really the best way to go IMO
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Any update to this? A restore is not needed.

Reply back if you need more support on this. It's been 6 days since you last posted so let us know how it's going and what you did to resolve this issue.
    Best Regards,
    Steven Myers

i havent found any glitches or anything really wrong with the 1st gereration i-pod 8GB

Ok, well I would suggest as simple restore or reboot if you are jailbroken. OR Apple would fix her right on up or give you a new one if you are under warranty.

dont do that

just try to reload the mobilemusicplayer.app