+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ROckbox

is a discussion within the

iPod Rockbox

forums, a part of the

iPod Mods

section;
HEy Guys I've been running Rockbox since it started if anyone needs help or anything I'm here! Iv'e installed it on anything from iPod Videos to the old Nanos and
    iPhone? More like MyPhone msboy2011's Avatar
    Thanks

Default ROckbox
    HEy Guys I've been running Rockbox since it started if anyone needs help or anything I'm here! Iv'e installed it on anything from iPod Videos to the old Nanos and Minis
    8GB Apple iPhone

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to msboy2011 For This Useful Post:

Adrien23 (12-30-2010), Marco Senn (10-04-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I love the rockbox firmware. I wish they were able to port the flac player over to the iphone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone wannagotopopeyes's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey, ive tried to install rockbox before but didn't really get too in depth into it, I just read one guide, tried it, failed, and gave up. Ive installed a few different themes and skins to my 5.5G ipod video, but no Linux or Rockbox. Anyone want to help me out with a few tips? Im on a mac btw, I have access to a windows XP machine but its through a virtual comp. and its quite annoying.. any help is great!
    i LOVE apple.

iPhone? More like MyPhone chbearsrock's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wannagotopopeyes View Post
    Hey, ive tried to install rockbox before but didn't really get too in depth into it, I just read one guide, tried it, failed, and gave up. Ive installed a few different themes and skins to my 5.5G ipod video, but no Linux or Rockbox. Anyone want to help me out with a few tips? Im on a mac btw, I have access to a windows XP machine but its through a virtual comp. and its quite annoying.. any help is great!
    hey, have you tried using the rockbox utility? it is essentially an automated installer for rockbox. Ive used it before and it works great. Try it...maybe it will solve the problem you're having.

iPhone? More like MyPhone wannagotopopeyes's Avatar
    Thanks

So do they make this utility for mac's? If so I will look into it! I won't use a windows machine I refuse lol
    i LOVE apple.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default rockbox is..?
    so is rockbox do the same thing pwnage tdoes to an iPhone, like the idea of jailbreaking the iPod? i'd definitely be interested in that, what all does rockbox do? and do you have links to where i could download the software?

Banned
    Thanks

helo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>