Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Releases Software Update for New Seventh Generation iPod Nano

Thanks

Default Apple Releases Software Update for New Seventh Generation iPod Nano

Apple recently released a software update for the seventh-generation iPod Nano shortly after the first units started shipping from manufacturing plants in China. Version 1.0.1 of the new software only mentions “Support for iPod Nano (7th generation) in its release notes, with little information regarding as to what issues, if any, the update addresses.

Speculation currently points to tweaks made to the device to make it compatible with the most current version of iTunes, however specific problems with such an issue remain unknown. As with any iOS device, users will be able to plug their iPod Nano into their computer, which should automatically recognize the device and bring up the “Download and Update” new iPod software prompt.

For those of you who didn't already know, Apple announced the seventh-generation media player in September alongside the iPhone 5, fifth-generation iPod Touch alongside newly designed EarPods (headphones). The recent iPod nano no longer utilizes the small square form factor and instead has a more iPod Touch-like layout.

Source: iLounge

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colin9001's Avatar
    Thanks

And not a single other update for the nano was released that year....

Seriously? An update with no information as to what it updates. That's bull****

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I think this speaks to how apple need to do moe product testing before release!

Well lets see .. hmmm...you can't sync music unless you plug into your computer...and you would need to plug it into your computer to get the update on it .. So that would mean..this isn't a big deal

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colin9001 View Post
    And not a single other update for the nano was released that year....
    Agreed, I keep hoping they'll add an update to the previous nano. There's so many things they could add to it! More clock faces, the option to add your own photos as a watch face, faster interface, option to leave the screen on all the time (I know it would eat the battery but still it would be a feature worth putting in). I use it as a watch all the time, so these additions would be huge for me.

Thanks

Trust me there's a lot of testing that goes into these units.