Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New iPod touch, iPod nano Shipping Without Revamped EarPods

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default New iPod touch, iPod nano Shipping Without Revamped EarPods

As MMi reported Tuesday morning, customers who pre-ordered the new iPod touch 5G are beginning to get shipment notifications today.

As established with previous generation devices, Apple's new iPod touch and iPod nano are shipping with headphones that lack the full scope of functionality and bells and whistles required to optimize the user experience.

Specifically, Macotakara claims that the integrated controls and built-in microphone that could be used to take full advantage of the mobile technology at hand are conspicuously absent on the earphones shipping with the new iPod touch and iPod nano.

The revamped EarPods with the added features are sold separately for $29.

In recent days, reports have also circulated that there are "considerably few numbers of the initial shipment" of the fifth generation iPod touch and seventh generation iPod nano - another indication of lingering supply problems across the various iDevice lineup.

Source: Macotakara (via Apple Insider)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I would be pissed if i ordered one and didn't get the earpods! I love my new earpods I use them for at least ten hours every day! 👍

Wow that really Does suck. I usually hate the headphones that apple make, but these are awesome. Great quality and sound amazing!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

How do you explain this unboxing video then? Looks like the new earpods to me. New 5th Gen iPod Touch Unboxed, Benchmarked [Video] | iPhone in Canada Blog - Canada's #1 iPhone Resource

Edit: I see what you are saying...they are the earpods, but without the inline controls like for the iPhone.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,755 Times in 892 Posts

Who uses the stock ones anyway? I didn't even take the iPhone ones out of the box.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 Times in 1,237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Who uses the stock ones anyway? I didn't even take the iPhone ones out of the box.
    +1
    Haven't even tried my new Earpods yet! Still using my old Skullcandy Earbuds...

That's ****** up, dude. The EarPods are seriously kickass. I'd be pissed. :l

Cant wait for it to release in India!!!!
    I wish Apple could ship it to India for free or atleast ship it

Cant wait for it to release in India!!!!
    I wish Apple could atleast ship it to India and maybe even for free

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    That's odd! In Apple's website it still says that the Apple EarPods are included in the box for both the iPod Nano and iPod touch under the Tech Specs. Otherwise, that would be false advertisement.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    +1
    Haven't even tried my new Earpods yet! Still using my old Skullcandy Earbuds...
    You really should at least try them... I had the Bose MIE2i's and returned them because the earpods, for only $29, came REALLY close to the performance of the Bose. Either Bose is REALLY overpriced (and they are...) or Apple did REALLY well with these new headphones. (which they did.)

If you're not gonna use them, send em my way!

I have a new pair still wrapped in plastic that where shipped with my iPhone 5 that I will never use... does some disgruntled customer want to pay me $28 for mine, I'll stick to my knock off Dre beats from Hongkong that where $6 shipped and sound the same as the $150 pair
    On January 24th, Apple Computer will introduce Macintosh. And you'll see why 1984 won't be like "1984."

It doesnt say in this article that it wont have ear pods, it just says it wont have a "revamped earpods"/mic. Maybe the author is just trying to get people upset. I know my ipt did not have mics in the earphones like my iphone did. So business as usual I assume.

nevermind
    Last edited by FeartheSpear; 10-09-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 Times in 1,237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleye View Post
    You really should at least try them... I had the Bose MIE2i's and returned them because the earpods, for only $29, came REALLY close to the performance of the Bose. Either Bose is REALLY overpriced (and they are...) or Apple did REALLY well with these new headphones. (which they did.)

If you're not gonna use them, send em my way!
    How do they fit, though? Are they as comfortable as Earbuds cuz they don't look like they are. I haven't even taken them out of its case cuz I wasn't sure if I wanted to sell them...

I can't believe the poor choice of words in the title of this article.

Cmon guys, read the bloody article - it doesn't come with earpods with
    integrated controls and built-in microphone

Quote Originally Posted by soldoutluck View Post
    I have a new pair still wrapped in plastic that where shipped with my iPhone 5 that I will never use... does some disgruntled customer want to pay me $28 for mine, I'll stick to my knock off Dre beats from Hongkong that where $6 shipped and sound the same as the $150 pair
    I won't give you $28 for them but I'll pay you $10! Plus shipping. You let me know...I used my friends who just got an iPhone 5 and I was blown away!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, the earpods are great, I hated the old ones....but the sound quality and fit of the new ones are amazing. I actually use them more then my Beats by Dre (official ones) lol

mBeezy81 do you have the over the ear or in ear? I have always preferred in ear.

not trying to offend anyone by my comments on the Beats by Dre, but I have had many expensive brands of headphones for studio recording and mixing over the years and feel that the Beats in particular are a marketing scheme by Monster.I am now happy to settle for the cheap ones that sound the same when it comes to everyday listening, for the studio or monitor style I still use Ultimate ears and probably always will.
    On January 24th, Apple Computer will introduce Macintosh. And you'll see why 1984 won't be like "1984."

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

I have the over the ear Solo HDs..I prefer these because the Beats can be heavy and annoying, especially when working out, but I still can get a good amount of bass out of these and no weight to them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast