Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod Touch 5G Begins Shipping

Default iPod Touch 5G Begins Shipping

Alongside the announcement of the iPhone 5, Apple also introduced the iPod touch 5G. It wasn’t released on the same date as the iPhone 5, but customers were able to pre-order the device. It appears that customers who did pre-order the iPod touch 5G are starting to get shipment notifications today. Just yesterday, Apple started sending shipment notifications for their Lightning to 30-pin connector adapter.

The iPod touch 5G, according to AppleInsider, is being shipped from China and is expected to be delivered to the homes of those who ordered it by next Monday.

The iPod touch 5G is a large step above the iPod touch 4G, offering a dual-core A5 chip, a larger four-inch retina display, and a much better 5 megapixel iSight camera. The device also comes in a ton of different colors, which can be made to fit almost any personality. You can order yours on Apple's Web site – the device's base model starts at 32GB of storage ($299) and the higher-end model has 64GB of storage ($399).

The iPod touch 5G is an alternative to the iPhone if you can’t afford the contract that comes along with it. That being said, if you want a next-generation iOS device, the iPod touch 5G could be a good fit. The sooner you order one, the faster you can expect to see one shipped to your house – supplies are limited with the iPod touch 5G as well as the iPhone 5.

You can also download the free iPod touch 5G user guide from the iBooks store starting today.

Sources: AppleInsider
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 10-09-2012 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Link to iPod touch 5G User Guide

Thanks

NO shipping! When can i pick one up at Wal-Mart, Best Buy or oh i don't know the Apple Store??

Yeah, wanna hold one in my hand before I just order it sight-unseen.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketApe View Post
    Yeah, wanna hold one in my hand before I just order it sight-unseen.
    I think I've seen enough from Apple's Web site. I don't like all the things sticking out of it like the wrist strap and the camera. The device won't lay flat on a table anymore without some kind of case to level everything out.

I prefer the form factor of the iPod touch 4G personally.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Slim J's Avatar
    Thanks

I will stick to Galaxy S III as my media player when I get it in a couple of weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Slim J View Post
    I will stick to Galaxy S III as my media player when I get it in a couple of weeks
    Why do people like you find it necessary to say this? And it irritates me how you say it like the gs3 is better for music than apple products.. No ones going to use an iPod and iPhone! Apple still has the best media libraries.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    Why do people like you find it necessary to say this? And it irritates me how you say it like the gs3 is better for music than apple products.. No ones going to use an iPod and iPhone!
    And it humors me how people like you get upset at people like him. This guy is just saying he would rather have his Galaxy S III as his media player. Somehow that upsets you that he is sharing his opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    Apple still has the best media libraries.
    That comment is classic. You say it so matter a fact that Apple's music library is the best. When clearly, their is no concrete measure of "best". Pretty much any other song you find on iTunes you can find on some other main song distribution site.