+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Patent Adds Speaker to iPod Nano or Shuffle

is a discussion within the

iPod News

forums, a part of the

General iPod

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default New Patent Adds Speaker to iPod Nano or Shuffle

Apple Insider uncovered an interesting patent filed by Apple entitled “Speaker Clip” that outlines a wearable clip-on iPod similar to the current iPod Nano or shuffle that has an integrated speaker built into the clip.

The patent, published last week, makes no specific mention of the iPod nano or the iPod shuffle and doesn’t even include the iPod brand name anywhere in the patent. However, the devices pictured resemble the current nano and shuffles in form factor.

The only difference is the clip found on the current clip on models now includes a built-in speaker. Apple could use the speaker for user-interface feedback by providing sounds like simple clicks when using the very tiny multi-touch screen. The speaker could even be used to play music, but the output capability would likely be too diminutive to be useful for music or games.

The speaker’s wire would be housed in the hinge of the clip on the device. The speaker would even be protected by a cover shielding it from the elements, a necessity with any MP3 player like the iPod that many users prefer while working out in gyms and out in the elements.

Rumors, leaks, and previous patents have hinted at Apple’s efforts to improve the iPod nano's and shuffle's functionality. Earlier this year photos leaked of an iPod nano that housed a rear-facing camera. Improvements to the iPod nano would be welcome, especially ways that could improve the UI of the devices minimal touch screen.

Source: Apple Insider

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I think all ipods should have speakers. To many times have i wanted to show my friend a song on my ipod classic, but not have any speakers. They could just throw a little speaker like on the bottom like the ipod touch.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Lame... Give us wireless Bluetooth!

iPhone? More like MyPhone DaLsim's Avatar
    Thanks

apple need a loud speakers .

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaLsim View Post
    apple need a loud speakers .
    Agree! I know ppl that have droids and there speakers are 10x better and louder then my iPhone!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    great idea. apple need a loud speaker indeed.