+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: More White iPod Touch Confirmation

is a discussion within the

iPod News

forums, a part of the

General iPod

section;
MacRumors has received information confirming a few of the rumors surrounding the new iPod Touch. MacRumors' source confirmed that Apple would announce a new version of the iPod touch alongside
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default More White iPod Touch Confirmation

MacRumors has received information confirming a few of the rumors surrounding the new iPod Touch.

MacRumors' source confirmed that Apple would announce a new version of the iPod touch alongside the iPhone, but that the revision would include only minor changes to Apple’s iPod Touch. According to the source a new white iPod Touch will be the most significant change to the next generation of iPods. Outside of the new color-way an oleophobic coating for the display and a new ambient light sensor will be the only changes.

MacRumors’ information appears in contrast to some rumors that have floated around the Internet all year. Reports of a 3G-capable iPod Touch as well as a new tapered design—if MacRumors' source is accurate—appear inaccurate. However, Apple’s development history points to the possibility that iPod 3G prototypes exist, the recent MacBook Pro 3G fiasco proves as much.

Apple has yet to announce either a new iPod Touch or iPhone officially, and doesn't even have a date set on when to do so. The entire Apple Internet community knows they’re coming, we just don’t know the juicy details.

Source: MacRumors
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 09-20-2011 at 12:10 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GreggSymington's Avatar
    Thanks

What's up with the black Home button?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson View Post
    —if MacRumors' source is accurate—
    So it's not even certain that MacRumors' source is accurate......which means this article is not "confirmation".

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The pic is BS, but a white iPT makes sense to me.What happened to the elongated home button, why is the home button black, and what's with the black border around the white? I think it's a white faceplate placed on (not installed) an iPT. The perspective on the right is a little off, and the "iPod" in the top right corner has a shadow on it, and it looks like it's caused by white face plate.I think iPTs will eventually be offered with all the fun colors of the earlier iPods.

Green Apple
    Thanks

look at the date on the ipod touch, its obviously not the new one...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,678 Times in 829 Posts

The iPod Touch needs some 3G love. Every other Apple device gets it, why not the Touch?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by c0dy View Post
    The pic is BS, but a white iPT makes sense to me.What happened to the elongated home button, why is the home button black, and what's with the black border around the white? I think it's a white faceplate placed on (not installed) an iPT. The perspective on the right is a little off, and the "iPod" in the top right corner has a shadow on it, and it looks like it's caused by white face plate.I think iPTs will eventually be offered with all the fun colors of the earlier iPods.
    This is what it says in the MacRumors website. "Leaked white iPod touch screen installed on black fourth-gen iPod touch, courtesy of iPatch iPods. Production model expected to have white home button."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pra2veen View Post
    This is what it says in the MacRumors website. "Leaked white iPod touch screen installed on black fourth-gen iPod touch, courtesy of iPatch iPods. Production model expected to have white home button."

That's just a white decal sticker slapped on a fourth gen iPod touch , the pic is just trying to prove a point and draw attention about the rumor, come on wake up guys

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

no really!? iPod touch white... wow i thought they wouldn't make one if they made a white iPad and a white iPhone

iPhone? More like MyPhone syedsufyan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by c0dy View Post
    That is not a picture sent to Macrumors. its just a picture modmyi made up for the article.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by syedsufyan View Post
    That is not a picture sent to Macrumors. its just a picture modmyi made up for the article.

Last I looked it was the photo macrumors had also.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Complete BS look at the bottom of the iPod lower left corner you can clearly tell that this is a white screen protector of some sort by the black showing through the out side rim and by the black home button this is disappointing to even see that this rumor got to the front page of macroumers or mmi...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this is a screen protector clearly.... look at the air bubble on the glass.... also if you didnt know anyone can buy white glass for the ipt.... on many sites... iPod Touch Front Screen Assembly 4th Gen. White just being one of the many... this article is pointless

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Beautiful LockScreen !! (Give peas a chance )Who knows where can i find it ?Thanks ..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I second that where can I find give peas a chance wall paper?

iPhone? More like MyPhone krosis's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks
    its an aftermarket screen you can find on most apple parts websites, like here for example: iPod Touch Front Screen Assembly 4th Gen. White - iPod Touch 4 - iPod

Green Apple
    Thanks
    This is just a White LCD/digitizer for the iPod touch 4 not a sticker as I have converted about 13 so far for customers who wanted a white iPod touch.
    3gs iPhone 32gb-Jailbroken factory unlocked
    iPhone 4 jailbroken & factory unlocked