+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: White iPod Touch Parts Start to Surface

is a discussion within the

iPod News

forums, a part of the

General iPod

section;
Rumors of a white iPod Touch have been circling lately, and iFixDirect appears to have some solid proof Apple could be releasing a white iPod Touch later this year. iFixitDirect
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default White iPod Touch Parts Start to Surface

Rumors of a white iPod Touch have been circling lately, and iFixDirect appears to have some solid proof Apple could be releasing a white iPod Touch later this year.

iFixitDirect claims the pictures are of the front screen from a white iPod Touch, which, if real, would share the same quality and shade as the white versions of the iPhone 4 and iPad 2. The only discernible difference between the current generation iPod Touch and the leaked photos is the color. The camera placement, size, and connectors all appear to be the same. These observations fall in line with rumors that the updated iPod Touch would feature few, if any, cosmetic updates over the fourth-generation models.

Apple, if they do in fact release a new white iPod Touch, could solidify a new marketing strategy of theirs. The strategy, while not official, involves releasing a new color of a product later in the product's life cycle to spur interest in lieu of a full on refresh, or even product update. Apple did this with the iPhone 4, but the move was largely because of production problems the white iPhone 4 faced, and not the result of some marketing scheme. Still, a new marketing strategy could have been born because of this unforeseen delay.

The typical product life cycle of the iPod Touch places the new iteration's release within the same release window for the new iPhone. Apple is expected to announce both devices at the same event. Hopefully the iPod Touch sees, at least, a marginal upgrade this fall, but if the Touch doesn't, the move could signal the beginning of Apple slowly moving out of the dedicated MP3 player market they've dominated for 10 plus years.

Source: iFixDirect via [iDownloadBlog]
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 08-28-2011 at 03:38 PM.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm for a white iPod touch for one

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Thanks

Me like a white one

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't see people's attraction to white iDevices. They look absolutely horrific.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

This is actually a potential strategy by Apple? I hope not. I think it's a terrible one. You'd have to be a complete fool to dump your device for the exact same one of a different color. People will either settle for the original color or wait for the white color....either way you're not increasing sales. You're better off releasing both color options at the same time in future iDevices.

Thanks

Word... I will take WHITE, looks "Clean"

Thanks
    Thanked 5,466 Times in 2,702 Posts

Looks real good