+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Slips Up, iPod 3G Photo Spotted On Website

is a discussion within the

iPod News

forums, a part of the

General iPod

section;
Apple is becoming notorious for accidentally leaking photos of future products on their website, with the most recent flub up involving a picture of a 3G enabled iPod Touch. An
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Slips Up, iPod 3G Photo Spotted On Website

Apple is becoming notorious for accidentally leaking photos of future products on their website, with the most recent flub up involving a picture of a 3G enabled iPod Touch.

An iDownloadblog reader spotted on Apple's website the above image displaying a 3G signal indicator on what is obviously an iPod Touch. The web exploded with the information shortly after, and Apple noticed, taking down the old photo replacing the 3G iPod Touch with the current generation. However, a number of Apple's international stores including the U.K. still have the photo of the 3G iPod Touch up on their iTunes landing page.

Whether this is an actual accidental leak by Apple, a mistake by a now embarrassed designer, or a ploy by Apple to generate buzz is unknown.

Source: iDownloadBlog

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Woops! Somebody just got fired.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hmmm, I don't think these are accidental slip ups, this is just getting Apple more attention.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 838 Posts

These images are compiled in Photoshop, that's how they get that slanting reflective light on the screen.

Someone simply used a screenshot from the iPhone on the iPod Touch. That's all.

I hope I'm wrong, because if they release an iPod Touch 3G then screw that black-hole of a financial investment called the iPhone.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Why? What separates an iPhone versus an iPod Touch 3G?

How long until the cheaper iPod Touch is hacked to enable it to work as a phone?

I really can't see the sense...can anyone?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post

I hope I'm wrong, because if they release an iPod Touch 3G then screw that black-hole of a financial investment called the iPhone.
    Sure. You can pay $25 for 2GB data/month. On top of that, pay what you would for another mobile phone. Not going to be saving a whole hell of a lot of money there.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Why? What separates an iPhone versus an iPod Touch 3G?

How long until the cheaper iPod Touch is hacked to enable it to work as a phone?

I really can't see the sense...can anyone?
    It's effectively a mini iPad 3G. It'll probably support the iOS messaging, but no phone function.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

These images are compiled in Photoshop, that's how they get that slanting reflective light on the screen.

Someone simply used a screenshot from the iPhone on the iPod Touch. That's all.

That's what I was thinking when Att had the Verizon iPhone on there side it's probably a simple graphic design error.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Btw, how do we know it's an iPod Touch and not iPhone 5 for example?

Thanks

If you look camera in wrong place for an iPhone plus no ear speaker so I would say its an iPod not an iPhone

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well, can you see a speaker in the place it should be?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I like in that photo they have the 3G iPod touch but the WiFi version of the iPad.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    It has no earpiece.

iPhone? More like MyPhone back9player's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nyra98 View Post
    Hmmm, I don't think these are accidental slip ups, this is just getting Apple more attention.
    agreed

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Sure. You can pay $25 for 2GB data/month. On top of that, pay what you would for another mobile phone. Not going to be saving a whole hell of a lot of money there.
    I'm sorry but you are wrong.

You would be able to do the same thing you can do with the iPad, put a phone sim card in it (one with a phone number) and install pad2phaone and use the default iOS phone app to make calls that would not use data but minuets instead like a phone.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    A 3G iPod wouldn't even come CLOSE to the cost of an iPhone. You're looking at $100-120 a month for a new iPhone. Let's say that it's $30 a month for the iPod 3G plan, and another $30 for a regular (non-smart) phone - or even cheaper if you eliminate text messaging and get on a family plan. You're still saving $40-50 a month, or roughly $1,000-1,500 over the course of two years. I'm not being totally accurate on my math here, but the savings are a LOT.

I don't even think that the iPod would cut into iPhone sales all that much. Some people like carrying one gadget in their pocket that can do it all. But I'm one of those people that doesn't want to sacrifice my important (emergency) battery life just to check my email or the weather, or play a game or even listen to music. I'll miss out on GPS, but big deal, cell triangulation is usually good enough for most needs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Woops! Somebody just got fired.
    EDM

Thanks

LOL!!! If it's A 3G Model SO-WHAT..LOL..It's gonna be JUST like the iPhone5 aka 4(S); it's not going to Be LTE compatible so what's the point in making that Move. Makes no sense to Me why Apple wouldn't consider making A LTE version and Let the Consumer Decide after all isn't that Customer Satisfactions All Bout? Don't get me Wrong, I love Apple but I don't see why they are hesitant in making a LTE iPhone; after all It's already being incorporated into T-Mobiles Network as well as Verizon & At&t so I'd say that's a Pretty Big Step up. Sure if your talking Demograph wise it's OBVIOUS you'd need more Cell towers but still let the consumer decide not the Manufacture.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You're looking at $100-120 a month for a new iPhone.
    Where are you buying your mobile plan?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 588 Posts

Photoshop fail.
    A 3G device wouldn't be that seamless